Philippine Regulations on gas filling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eagerbeaver

Contributor
Reaction score
Once we are over all the joke about the PI having no regulations can anyone let me know where I can get hold of something like that?

I don't know if there are even any specific to scuba diving, maybe the PCSSS[or whatever it's called] has some?

I am looking for something which relates to whether you can fill air/nitrox/trimix as a commercial operations and the requirements of the certification of your filling system.

Thanks.

ps Sorry it's a bit boring. :cool2:

Once we are over all the joke about the PI having no regulations can anyone let me know where I can get hold of something like that?

I don't know if there are even any specific to scuba diving, maybe the PCSSS[or whatever it's called] has some?

I am looking for something which relates to whether you can fill air/nitrox/trimix as a commercial operations and the requirements of the certification of your filling system.

Thanks.

ps Sorry it's a bit boring. :cool2:
all i know is that the gas industry is deregulated...

and that the policy states that you may gas up at any authorized and licensed gas station like shell, petron, caltex or any of the small players...

other than that beats the living crap out of me...

*bored*

Jag

all i know is that the gas industry is deregulated...

and that the policy states that you may gas up at any authorized and licensed gas station like shell, petron, caltex or any of the small players...

other than that beats the living crap out of me...

*bored*

Jag
ok... now that i've derailed your post, you may want to try to get in touch with someone from CIGI?

they supply gases for industrial and medical purposes (most probably your HE and O2 comes from them) - they definitely have some sort of license or permit to store and pump otherwise potentially dangerous gases like H and liquid N... but they also do that in large bulk, you might not need to have much more than an LG biz permit to store and pump a couple tanks of O2 and HE

but then again... what the hell do i know...

Jag

Thanks Jag, you got me a bit confused there - i was on about the CIGI type stuff not the Caltex type stuff :)

I have a contact at Linde(parent company of CIGI), so he is very helpful - but I was thinking more about the compressor in the diveshop and that kind of stuff...

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks Jag, you got me a bit confused there - i was on about the CIGI type stuff not the Caltex type stuff :)

I have a contact at Linde(parent company of CIGI), so he is very helpful - but I was thinking more about the compressor in the diveshop and that kind of stuff...

Cheers,

Matt.
well then if anyone would know or have a policy it would be pcssd... other than that most probably 99.99% of the gov't would look at you and say "huh?"

Jag

Wow! Way to nip it in the bud!:lotsalove:

Matt - there are no regulations/certifications regarding gas blending for nitrox or trimix in the Philippines. The PCSSD has clean air standards - they will test your air, but other than that no regs at all. Happy New Year by the way

Cheers

Rick

I have checked and had our attorney check....nothing is stated in a law. Now, having said that..the clean air standard (worldwide) is what we always work towards. If you call Torben Bohn (Pacifica Dive Shop) he can provide you with more details and share his experiences. He installs systems all over the Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom