halo/glare in picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I posed this is the general photo section before I saw the ikelite forum.

I attached a picture with my problem.

I have a nikon coolpix L11 in an ikelite housing (the combo deal they had on their website

Underwater Housing for Nikon Coolpix L11 Camera

As you can see in the attached photo I have a nice halo forming. When I had this in the ocean the previous 10 or so times, this was never an issue, and if I zoom in a little, it does go away. Not sure what is causing this, one of the board members and I were at the pool practicing when I saw this. He told me he had read about this problem but could not remember where. I tried to put a cardboard and/or a paper ring inside the housing around the lense, no help, I tried to block the flash from getting inside the lense by putting a bent piece of cardboard, no help. Anyone have any ideas.

When I take a picture and look down the lense I can see some light from the flash bouncing around inside the housing.

There is a small space between the camera lense and the port (not sure if I am using the right terminology) that needs to be filled.

Attachments

• pool1x.jpg
    pool1x.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 110
There should be a black rubber band around the inside of the housing port which would take up the space between the port and the camera. We can send one of these to you if you e-mail a description of the part and your address to ikelite@ikelite.com.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems
There is a hard black plastic piece, but no black rubber band. I am sending an email right now to you.

thanks for the quick reply

Back
Top Bottom