Battery replacement in Suunto FAVOR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vicky

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to replace the battery in my Suunto FAVOR computer. Does anyone know if it is OK to use a 3.6V battery instead of the original 3V? (BTW, In the manual it is written that the 3.6V batt should be used for the "LUX" version, but I wonder if there's any difference).

1. You can ask in Dugit (the importer).

2. The manual calls for a 3.0 battery 1/2 AA (Varta CR 1/2 AA for example). I would recommend to stick with it. Why not get a battery which is similar to the one you took out?

3. Please remmeber that you have to replace an O-Ring as well.

For some strange reason, the favor battery is not listed as a "user replacable" and the manual does not supply battery replacement instructions. You might want to find out why, before performing the operation yourself.

Ari :)

1. I asked the importer. They seem to be unwilling to tell the answer. They charge about 50$ for the battery replacement, so maybe they don't want to encourage people to DIY the battery replacement or they do not know the answer.

2. The manual states 3.0V for the "regular" model and 3.6V for the "LUX/AIR" model. It is almost impossible to find these batts, but after some efforts I managed to find only 3.6V batteries for about 6$, so I tried it and the computer seems to work fine :) .
I hope I don't get the bends next time I'll go diving... (Anyway the FAVOR is a backup computer, so I'll make the first dives with both computers to see if it behaves allright).

3. Well, if they're asking for 50$ for this simple task, whereas the battery costs 6$ I guess the reason it is not "user replaceable" is perhaps economic... It is really simple and easy to disassemble and replace the battery: about 5 minutes all together.

I would not expect you to get the bends but rather to damage the computer (that is if the 3.6 volt is too much).

$50 for this is really a lot of money. The only reason I did mention this issue of DIY is that most other Suunto computer do offer a user replacable battery and have replacement instructions in the manual.

Do make sure that during your next dives (or more correctly after them) you inspect that the battery compartment is really sealed and that you are not getting any water in.

By the way, you might PM jamiei (a board member) who make interfaces for Suunto computers and will probably know the right answer.

Ari :)

hi i have a favor s and i am uneasy to take out the screws in the back because it says not to can u guys explain it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom