Cat Ppalu Exuma Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fda483

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

Anyone been on the Cat Ppalu Exuma liveaboard? My LDS has a trip scheduled and I am considering it. Any info on the ship, level of comfort and the diving would be appreciated. I have done the Nekton Pilot Belize trip twice, not sure how I feel about a much smaller ship. One advantage will be a max of 12 divers.

Joe

I went on the Cat Ppalu back in June on an all women's trip with my LDS (just ask them about us). We has an absolute blast, but even only 12 divers, it's a little crowded at times (just be prepared for that), especially on the dive deck at dive time & in the salon at meal times. The boat isn't uncomfortable & if the weather is nice you can even sleep out on the trampolines between the catamarans in front. The boat is very stable, but a odd wave slapping up against the boat can make quiet a racket on the hull. I have never been on Nekton's cruises, but would guess that the CP isn't nearly as roomy. It's still a lot of fun, don't get me wrong. The beach party & bonfire was really fun! Captain Ronnie Wakefield is the best. He was training for the captain's position when I was on there & had him as a captain on a Blackbeard's cruise I did a couple years earlier, on the Pirate's Lady. He's not real talkative, to start a conversation, but will talk if someone starts the conversation. He actually remembered me from the Pirate's Lady (we had a couple real interesting Irish guys on that Blackbeard's trip I was on). The dive master (if she's still there) Stephanie was really good. Not sure who all the crew is now, as they change around quite a bit. The diving is good, especially in the Exumas water park. There is also a blue hole outside of Nassau that is really cool to check out (we saw 200- 300 3ft long black nosed sharks in there). Hope this helps you some. Feel free to PM me if you'd like any more info.

Thanks Tammy - sounds great!!

looking at the 3-28-09 trip. Any SB members heading there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom