Maldives Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwilcove

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good liveaboard in the Maldives for 4 or 5 days of diving? I prefer a shorter sail (not 7 or 10 days).

Thanks,
Brian

I don't think there are any Maldives liveaboards offering 4 or 5 days. i'm pretty certain that your options are 7 or 14 days.

I've done a couple of them

Sea Spirit
Plusses: superbly well organised diving, great dive guides (david & Tracey), just 12 divers on the dhoni.
Minuses: Nitrox very expensive, boat a little tired, food ok ish.

Nautilus2:
++: huge cabins & best food ever on a liveaboard (even compared to Aggressor fleet), free nitrox.
--: diving not so well organised, 24 divers on dhoni does not make for rapid descents in strong current.

Both of these boats start finish in Male. You might want to look at Monsoon. This starts/finishes from Kuredu resort & so might fit your timetable better. ie you can spend the last day in the resort not in Male harbour counting down 24 hours before boarding your plane.

I hope this is helpful

John

Princess Aifa, 8 cabin boat
check on
yourmaldives.mv

Hi, The only liveaboards I am aware of for the Maldives offer 7 or 12 / 14 day trips. I have used Maldives liveaboards and they were very good. Took us to some really nice dive sites off the 'beaten track', including several manta ray cleaning stations where we were surrounded by manta rays for the full dives. Food was good, staff friendly and rooms okay. My other half dived on a rebreather and had to take all his own sofnolime (which was a slight hassle when going through Maldives customs . . . ). Would recommend you look them up.

Well we have sometimes accomodated the clients needs. We can always drop you at a resort and send you to the air port via launch or domestic flight. It is posssible, but you just need to find that one boat that would go above and beyound to provide you excellent service.

For more information please visit
Welcome to Maldives Traveller:: Maldives Select Holidays

Warm Wishes
Oceanic Dreams
loona@maldivestraveller.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom