PDA

View Full Version : FL Keys

awd-turbo
January 5th, 2009, 10:40 AM
hey guys, i have only been diving in the keys twice, both were back in the late 90's!!! I saw the San jose wreck, and was wondering if anyone has dove it? also what other wrecks are good to dive down there? my brother, my dad, and i are taking a trip in feb and wanted to know what people thought, and where they liked to dive down there. Also do you know any good boats and crew for there? thanks guys...

ps what is thw ater temp usually during feb?

sibermike7
January 5th, 2009, 10:44 AM
hey guys, i have only been diving in the keys twice, both were back in the late 90's!!! I saw the San jose wreck, and was wondering if anyone has dove it? also what other wrecks are good to dive down there? my brother, my dad, and i are taking a trip in feb and wanted to know what people thought, and where they liked to dive down there. Also do you know any good boats and crew for there? thanks guys...

Good questions! I am heading that way in March, ...
:popcorn:

ONESPEED
January 5th, 2009, 11:41 AM
You can't go wrong with Conch Republic Divers and they regularly dive the Spiegel Grove, The Duane and the Eagle, all awesome wrecks.

Give Gary and Brenda a call, you won't be disappointed: CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS VOTED #1 DIVE SHOP IN FLORIDA KEYS..2006 & 2007 (http://www.conchrepublicdivers.com)

ONESPEED
January 5th, 2009, 11:44 AM

Expect 73-75 degrees.

awd-turbo
January 5th, 2009, 12:11 PM
wow thats not bad.. i was debating on if i should dive dry or not.... i swore i would only go dry for now on!!! hahahaha

ONESPEED
January 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
wow thats not bad.. i was debating on if i should dive dry or not.... i swore i would only go dry for now on!!! hahahaha

I dive a 5mm all winter here, some of my more well insulated frinds dive 3mm's year round.

scubaguy655
January 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Several good dive ops in the Keys.

Conch Republic as already mentioned is a good choice with great service. They run a larger boat (42' I believe) which can help in the rougher seas.

HMS Minnow out of Key Largo runs a 6 pack so if you prefer smaller groups, this is a good choice- seas permitting. Jeff is a great guy and will hook you up with whatever type of diving that you are interested in doing.

The Spiegel Grove is a great dive that is one of my favorites if you catch it with little to no current. The Duane is a great wreck as well as the Eagle. I personally like drift diving Conch Wall as well as the numerous shallow reefs.

It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are in to photography, the Benwood is a shallow wreck that usually provides good photo ops with plenty of bottom time. I also like Molasses for shallower sites as well.

Jupiter31
January 5th, 2009, 08:39 PM
All good suggetions, especially HMS Minnow and Conch Republic, my 2 favorite ops in KL

Where was/is the San Jose wreck; suspect its not in the upper Keys

stangd1909
January 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
My buddy and I just back from the Keys, and had a great time. We went out with Silent World and they were awesome! Worth a look IMO.....we will use them again forsure.

Capt Scotty
January 5th, 2009, 09:29 PM
All good suggetions, especially HMS Minnow and Conch Republic, my 2 favorite ops in KL

Where was/is the San Jose wreck; suspect its not in the upper Keys

The San Jose was one of the 1733 fleet. Its not too far from Conch reef.

Big G
January 5th, 2009, 09:43 PM
My buddy and I just back from the Keys, and had a great time. We went out with Silent World and they were awesome! Worth a look IMO.....we will use them again forsure.

Hey, Man! I'm the "big" dude at the dock yesterday asking who was from Sarasota because I had seen your previous posts here. Glad you had a good time with Silent World. I wish I had been on the same SW boat as you, but I was doing some important training on the other boat. It's all good! ;)

MsParamedic
January 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Well y'all come on back, ya hear! :)

Pat

awd-turbo
January 7th, 2009, 09:56 AM
well it is in.. we are diving the conch republic. so we are going to make reservations in the next day or two.. I am a dive master for a shop in nc, my brother is rescue cert, my dad is advance open water, and my girl was cert this summer so she is just open water. what all would you guys suggest we see?? i would like to see the san jose, does anyone know if they dive that site or not? my gf is a real good diver(she dives a dive rite trans pac) but we have been debating on getting her more cert before we go, money is tight, do you guys think this will be a problem?

awd-turbo
January 8th, 2009, 10:40 AM
?????????? anyone

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1