FL Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awd-turbo

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hey guys, i have only been diving in the keys twice, both were back in the late 90's!!! I saw the San jose wreck, and was wondering if anyone has dove it? also what other wrecks are good to dive down there? my brother, my dad, and i are taking a trip in feb and wanted to know what people thought, and where they liked to dive down there. Also do you know any good boats and crew for there? thanks guys...

ps what is thw ater temp usually during feb?

hey guys, i have only been diving in the keys twice, both were back in the late 90's!!! I saw the San jose wreck, and was wondering if anyone has dove it? also what other wrecks are good to dive down there? my brother, my dad, and i are taking a trip in feb and wanted to know what people thought, and where they liked to dive down there. Also do you know any good boats and crew for there? thanks guys...

ps what is thw ater temp usually during feb?

Good questions! I am heading that way in March, ...
:popcorn:

wow thats not bad.. i was debating on if i should dive dry or not.... i swore i would only go dry for now on!!! hahahaha

wow thats not bad.. i was debating on if i should dive dry or not.... i swore i would only go dry for now on!!! hahahaha

I dive a 5mm all winter here, some of my more well insulated frinds dive 3mm's year round.

Several good dive ops in the Keys.

Conch Republic as already mentioned is a good choice with great service. They run a larger boat (42' I believe) which can help in the rougher seas.

HMS Minnow out of Key Largo runs a 6 pack so if you prefer smaller groups, this is a good choice- seas permitting. Jeff is a great guy and will hook you up with whatever type of diving that you are interested in doing.

The Spiegel Grove is a great dive that is one of my favorites if you catch it with little to no current. The Duane is a great wreck as well as the Eagle. I personally like drift diving Conch Wall as well as the numerous shallow reefs.

It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are in to photography, the Benwood is a shallow wreck that usually provides good photo ops with plenty of bottom time. I also like Molasses for shallower sites as well.

All good suggetions, especially HMS Minnow and Conch Republic, my 2 favorite ops in KL

Where was/is the San Jose wreck; suspect its not in the upper Keys

My buddy and I just back from the Keys, and had a great time. We went out with Silent World and they were awesome! Worth a look IMO.....we will use them again forsure.

All good suggetions, especially HMS Minnow and Conch Republic, my 2 favorite ops in KL

Where was/is the San Jose wreck; suspect its not in the upper Keys

The San Jose was one of the 1733 fleet. Its not too far from Conch reef.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom