Liveaboard in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Margery Mullett

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a ticket to use on Cont Air which I can use, probably, just for the Caribbean. I am looking for a live aboard. I would like to find something different. Been to Caymans a lot, Mex a lot, Belize a bunch, VI (not so great), Bay Islands 3 times. But maybe a live aboard would be way different. Any ideas?? Are there pirates in Belize?

I need to use the ticket in a few months.

Thanks, Margie

I have a ticket to use on Cont Air which I can use, probably, just for the Caribbean. I am looking for a live aboard. I would like to find something different. Been to Caymans a lot, Mex a lot, Belize a bunch, VI (not so great), Bay Islands 3 times. But maybe a live aboard would be way different. Any ideas?? Are there pirates in Belize?

Thanks, Margie

The Juliet has a couple of trips for 25% off if you're interested. I did their Bahamas itinerary in May 2008 and it was a blast. From Capt. John (the owner):

Dear Friends of Juliet Sailing and Diving,

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

We are offering a special deal on some of our upcoming trips. Receive 25% off on either of the following charters.

January 14-23, 2009
10-Day Charter departing St Thomas and cruising the US and British Virgin Islands
If weather allows on this trip, we will be exploring the remote Saba Bank.
Regular Price: $2090
Sale Price: $1567

January 31 - February 6, 2009
7-Day Charter departing St Thomas and cruising the US and British Virgin Islands
Regular Price: $1490
Sale Price: $1117

Please contact us at john@sailjuliet.com or (866) 5-JULIET to take advantage of this special offer.

Fair Winds and Following Seas,
Captain John Beltramo
President
Juliet Sailing and Diving

There are no pirates in Belize and the Belize Aggressor is a great boat. You will be making a great mistake going on a live aboard because you will never go back to resort diving. It is addicting. Sleep, eat, dive, eat,dive rest,dive,eat,dive, eat dive, Repeat for 5.5 days.

Thanks, Margie

Any particular month you are looking at? Anything in particular you want to see?
Since you have already been to Belize, I wouldn't do a liveaboard there. Same for Caymans and Bay Islands. There are other choices that would be different.

I would look at the Nekton Bahamas trips - the Cay Sal Bank was great as was the Medio Reef trip. Lots of sharks and turtles. Check out my trip reports and videos. reports
Those trips only run from May-Aug timeframe. They are also doing St. Croix during that timeframe with one boat. Nekton Cruises > Home

Also, look into Turks & Caicos trip on the Explorer Ventures boat. Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Live-Aboard Diving and Saba on another boat by same company. Both look good and different from what you have already done.

Does it have to be Caribbean? The Kona Aggressor in Hawaii would be completely different diving from what you have done.

robin:D

Doubler is right, that said, you can check our site for Pictures, Video, and comments on a lot of live a board's:Two Tanked Productions HD & SD Underwater Productions and video services

823_P5130102_Action_Jesus_crew_AC_2005.jpg

That's just what I wanted to know. About a live aboard where i've dived so much before.
I do have to use the tickets soon 3 months. I have never seen whales ever ever. I know that sometimes they are around in spring in ....like Grenada. That would really be wonderful.
I've never dived the Bahamas, so I'll look into that and T& Caicos too. I'll look at your videos too. Thanks!

There are no pirates in Belize and the Belize Aggressor is a great boat. You will be making a great mistake going on a live aboard because you will never go back to resort diving. It is addicting. Sleep, eat, dive, eat,dive rest,dive,eat,dive, eat dive, Repeat for 5.5 days.
Thanks a lot! Wish you'd warned me a few years ago!!!!!

#
I would look at the Nekton Bahamas trips - the Cay Sal Bank was great.... Lots of sharks and turtles.
That was our experience also. And it's easy to get to since they leave out of Ft. Lauderdale. We flew in and out the same day, just book your return flight for early afternoon. Nekton also has the Whales of the Silver Banks trips in Feb/Mar but you're only allowed to snorkel with them. You still do regular dives also. I think it's booked through Aquatic Adventures - call them. Did I mention that it's Humpback Whales also?

There's also a $400 off select Eastern Caribbean/St. Croix trips this spring - which I believe leave out of San Juan. It's on the specials link to the right on the website.

And if you're a single diver (can be married/committed, just dive buddyless also) Singledivers.com is sponsoring a trip on Valentines Day with $350 off. But it's probably sold out by now. Normally most LOB's would be sold out months in advance but in this economy who knows...

There's Sperm Whales often seen off Dominica. But you can't dive with them, can't even get into the water w/o a $$pecial permit afaik. I've not heard of whales off Grenada. The Hughes boat, Wind Dancer does that itinerary.

Thanks, Margie

Turks & Caicos Aggressor.....I just completed a trip on this liveaboard and it was outstanding. The crew, food, and diving is great and you will have a blast diving with the sharks!

In the Bahamas you have the Aqua Cat that goes to the Exumas. They have a great variety of diving including a great shark dive. If you are on a budget Blackbeard's out of Freeport is a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom