Latest Scooter Pics - Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We were in Monterey a couple of weekends ago. While on the Cypress Seas, upon striding in on dive #2 I saw a Sea Nettle.

When Claudette splashed, we dropped into the ripping current and found zllions of them. We floated in the current for about 14 or 15 minutes with them, popping up to see the boat just a spec on the horizon (glad we had the scoots.)

Here are some Scooter shots from the Nettle swarm.

---
Ken

The Team (L to R: DocWong on FDog's Cuda, Chica and Warren Lo)

Those are great shots. do those sting. They look soft and cuddly and you dont seem too worried looking in the shots

If you got a tentacle across the face or lips my understanding is its unpleasant.

We never felt in any danger. We spend about 15 minutes in the biomass - its was one of the most wonderful dives. I'll never forget it.

---
Ken

Great pics! How do you get your models to not blow bubbles? You've have so many great shots with no bubbles at all. Good job

Great pics! How do you get your models to not blow bubbles? You've have so many great shots with no bubbles at all. Good job

The person in the shot is Claudette.

We have done way over 500-some dives together, and I've taken many, many thousands of pictures of her.

She's become an outstanding subject. We have a whole signal and countdown system worked out that allows me to grab most shots with little or no bubbles (secret: she inhales for the duration of the shot.)

There was ripping current in this series, and we're catching much more of it than the jellies. We both had to work very hard to both get into and hold position. We were chuffing - I mean just hoovering the gas.

There were several shots in here that had exhalation bubbles - couldn't help it, as she was working so hard.

So the answer is this: No bubbles are 95% the work of the model, and 5% photoshop voodoo I do back at home.

Except the little bubbles that escape. The little single bubbles still crack me up, and I'll often leave them in the shot just because they make me smile.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom