Green moray bites diver's thumb OFF!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats exactily why you dont mess with animals, actually most underwater animal attacks are because the animal is defending itself from what it believes is a threat. They do not just attack you for no reason what so ever.

Wasn't this a ten page thread like 7 months ago? Still epic. :cool2:

lol...maybe. I just stumbled upon this vid on hulu and thought it was interesting. The steve irwin thing was because this guy was dicking around with wild animals (like steve irwin had a habit of doing) and it appropriately enough "came back to bite him"

how about that thumb transplant though?

I saw that video on tv a few days ago. 2 Days later we went diving on a wreck and there were 2-5 ft eels. Some of the divers were feeding them and the eels were all over them. The eels did seem VERY friendly and nothing went wrong that day, but I still didnt want to go near them after I saw that video. :gator:

Pasted together from different events. That's a hot dog, kids, not a thumb.

Eels teeth grasp to assist in swallowing, they do not saw and cut.

this is why you don't go screwing around with animals in the wild...you listening Steve Irwin?
eel : Untamed and Uncut: Eel Bites Human Thumb Off : Animal Planet

Sorry, there is a huge difference between baiting an animal with processed food like a hotdog for your own pleasure, and someone who is shooting documentaries to raise awareness for wildlife causes. Not to mention all the money the Irwin family has dumped into conservation.

The guy in the video is a putz. I don't condone all the stuff Steve Irwin did, but at least he had a method to his madness.

Lessons from this video?
  • Don't feed the wildlife.
  • If you must, don't feed them processed crap like hotdogs or spray cheese, buy some bait.
  • Don't shake this guys hand, that toe is just creepy.

Just be glad he wasn't diving nude and taking blue pills....

:popcorn::rofl3:

So now we are going to discuss a doctored video, which was produced at least two years ago (when it first appeared on this board) and slam a naturalist, who happen to get killed in an accident!

Steve Irwin saved more wildlife than he ever harmed......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom