Help with a Sea Doo Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BDAfreediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

I am new to Scubaboard but have a problem. I have a seadoo scooter which keeps cutting out. I read the good ol manual which comes with the scooter, it doesn't help. It tells me that the scooter does this because it has a safety switch which automatically shuts off the scooter if it hits something or something is stuck in the motor to prevent further issues. It says to wait and it should automatically restart with no other problems. There is nothing physically wrong with the scooter not that I can see but the scooter will run then turn off within 20 seconds, I have turned the scooter off as well as removed the battery for some time, recharged it and put it back in still the same issue.
Does any one have any suggestions on how to rectify this scooter problem or have come across this issues before? Or maybe at least point me in the right direction...

Sadly no, it happens both in water and out as well in different positions. I thought at first it must be a battery connection issue but that wasn't it, also no water is getting into the compartment... thank you for your suggestion though.

Sell it and buy a real scooter :)

That seemed kinda rude

Yep, it may very well be conceived that way by you sensitive types...however, it was probably more sarcastic/humorous in nature, hence the smiley face ":)"

Back to the scooter....it probably has some kind of electronic current limiting device (PTC) on it that is failing, unless your scooter is drawing more current than it should. Still, that thing is way under powered and the battery lasts barely an hour if it is working properly.

From SeaDoo

SD6545 and SD6541 Sea Scooter products both have built-in low voltage cut out feature, when the battery is discharged to a certain low voltage level, the built-in controller will cut off the battery power. For a fully charged battery of SD6545 and SD6541, the cut out time is around 1 hr and 2 hrs respectively. When the battery power is cut, user has to recharge the battery. Charging time for SD6545 and SD6541 is around 8 hrs and 10 hrs respectively. Then the product can be used again after the battery is reconnected.

Are you sure your battery is not end-of-life?

This is what you want:

http://www.dive-xtras.com/

Last edited:
Yeh, but you still inferred: "Your equipment is inferior unless you Purchase this $4500.00 DPV Today!

This new SB member, who happens to be a free diver, just wants advice fixing her scooter. Why is it nesessary to her feel bad as well?

Yeh, but you still inferred: "Your equipment is inferior unless you Purchase this $4500.00 DPV Today!

This new SB member, who happens to be a free diver, just wants advice fixing her scooter. Why is it nesessary to her feel bad as well?

Hmmm, probably because in the real world, we aren't all winners....I'd rather have someone tell me I wasted my money. We don't even know anything about her application, the scooter may very well serve its purpose, if she uses it in the pool.

However, I assume she walked into her local LDS and they told her all kinds of fluffy stuff about the scooter. Now, she comes to the realization that the LDS may not have been so honest afterall. What is going to hurt her feelings more?

Back
Top Bottom