Blue Bay Divers in Bangka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Been looking at going to Gangga Island instead of Bali in November. I've looked at Gangga Island resort which is a tad expensive...I like Hot water, in room bathrooms and A/C.... Found Blue Bay Divers in Bangka Blue Bay Divers | Home Has anyone dove with them and stayed there?

all of our guests who have been there loved it. nestled on its own nice little white sand beach in a sheltered cove.
Nice comfortable dive boats as well.

Mike cannot find out much about their rooms......Do the have insuite Bathrooms, Hot water and A/C?

all of our guests who have been there loved it. nestled on its own nice little white sand beach in a sheltered cove.
Nice comfortable dive boats as well.

Mike what about the Murex resort in Bangka? What have you heard about them?

Mike what about the Murex resort in Bangka? What have you heard about them?

I am not Mike but can comment on Murex Bangka :) , at least as it was a couple of years ago: nice beach, excellent diving, bungalows are simple but comfortable. Food was tasty Indonesian home cooking type.

We had the place mostly to ourselves, my wife and I (no other guests for a couple of days).

not sure if Murex is still open. last two times i went past there it seemed deserted...

Scott, have you tried emailing Blue Bay? I have no idea about their facilities

Frogfish and Mike thanks for the info....Blue Bay has not responded to to my emails or my Travel agents but I did run across a report that they do not have A/C or Hot Water, and their bathrooms are the Indonesian mandi style. Their rooms seem nicer than Murex. Danny (Lembeh Divers) replied to my email yesterday and he said the Murex resort has A/C, Hot Water and ensuite bathrooms....looks like Murex.

Please update if you hear more about these. We are staying 4 days in Sept either on Bunaken or maybe with Murex, but it is hard to find any info on them. Website is pretty uninformative. Not even rates. I will send them an email as well. As with you, I dont need the lux of Gangga, but would like western facilities and some hot water.

Send an email to Murex, Josi will probably reply and she will send you a rate sheet. All the info I am getting is Gangga and Bangka is far superior diving to Bunaken and a lot less divers.

My only problem with Bangka is I need a Sunday AM flight from Manado to Sorong. Express Air was to start up that flight at the beginning of this this month and it has not started and no word from Express Air. Being I do not want to spend a day in Sorong as I would have to take a Sat AM flight I may go to Bali.

hi all,
sorry we did not anwered emails last week. was myself in diving vacation :) raja ampat
bluebaydivers das 6 bungalows, all at the white sandy beach under coconut trees. every bungalow has a bathroom with western toilet but no shower. MANDI style. after third dive you will have hot water in the bathroom. we also don't have AC, just fan's.
hope that helps. check also Blue Bay Divers | Home or send me email to info@bluebaydivers.de
thanks anke

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom