Solo Female -seeks liveaboard trip to Solomons, Raja Ampat, PNG or similar Spring 09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holloways

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm a solo female - hoping to hook up with a group on a liveaboard - March/April/May 09 in the Solomons, Raja Ampat or PNG.

Seeking words of wisdom about favorite boats, locations, as well as any groups looking to fill spots or a solo looking for a buddy?

Thanks so much!!!!

Thank you! Once you get your hands on it you never let go! :wink: Spring will be Bahamas and Playa Del Carmin and Cenota diving! Then Fiji in November of this year!

I'm planning to go solo to Australia and PNG this year, either August or Oct/Nov. My snorkeling-only wife will be staying home with our 7-month baby. My preliminary itinerary is flying into Cairns, move forward to Walindi/Rabaul for the Star Dancer live-aboard, following the Lissenung Hotel at Kavieng, then back to Cairns for another live-aboard to GBR and Coral Sea. Dates are not confirmed yet.

I'm in the same boat (so to speak), though less well-traveled. Looking at Asia or Australia-NZ/South Pacific for about 7 weeks of traveling from 2nd half of March to late April. Sent a PM to the OP but would also love to hear from anyone looking for a buddy.

Thanks!

The last liveaboard that I was on was the StarDancer in New Britain PNG. On our trip there were three couples, one single guy, three single women. The previous liveaboard (in Australia)had one couple (my wife and I) and three single guys and two single women.
I don't understand why you think that being single women is a reason not to go on a liveaboard.

Thanks for the reassurance caymaniac. It's good to know.

I would say though, that going in blind by myself isn't a reason not to go, but it's nice to know, for example, there will be at least another un-buddied person or that I'm not the only person not affiliated with a group. I've only been on 2 liveaboards but in both cases I was the only single woman.

Plus, if I'm traveling solo for a few weeks before/after the liveaboard it makes a difference, especially in some cultures.

Hey Chicago - I'm with you! No problem whatsoever being a solo female and doing a liveaboard - but nice to have a pal. Done 6+/- of them solo. I went land touring in PNG by myself before a liveaboard trip. Great adventure - but not for woosies! I'll have stories to tell about that trip, as a solo female, for years to come. How many pigs has a chief offered for your hand in marriage???

I'm vey interested in the Bilikini (Solomons)_GREAT, GREAT, GREAT reports on the boat /operation over the years. I will look into the trip robint (above) identified on the Bilikini as well as another 12 day trip Apr 30, 2009 - May 12, 2009 with the same operator.

There is availability on the 12 day trip. Bilikiki.com - Bilikiki Cruises Ltd - Live Aboard Diving - Solomon Islands - 2009 Departures

Anyone interested?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom