Sensus Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saisoninter

Reaction score
I have been looking for a secondary computer for backup for a while until I read this review of the Sensus Pro at www.nosboost.com
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience on this product.

Saison

I have had my sensus pro for the past year and so far it is a pretty good piece of equipment.
the package i got came with the unit, and the craddle. all you need is to get yourself a serial cable and you are good to go.
it registeres most of the info you need including depth, temp and ascent rate.
the guys are reefnet are kinda rude when you call them for info but i guess cant say much bad things about their products.
i visited www.nosboost.com for the review you mentioned and think it is pretty much inline of what i think of it as well.
you can get info also directly from reefnet.

I've got one, and it does pretty much everything exactly the way they describe.

It's a great alternative to having to buy a new downloader when you buy a new computer, or if you don't use a computer and use a bottom timer instead. You can keep one format for basically ever, and use the same software and have the dives all saved in one place.

The dives are also saved in plain text format, making it fairly simple to save them or create your own software.

turboracer once bubbled...
I have had my sensus pro for the past year and so far it is a pretty good piece of equipment.
the package i got came with the unit, and the craddle. all you need is to get yourself a serial cable and you are good to go.
it registeres most of the info you need including depth, temp and ascent rate.
the guys are reefnet are kinda rude when you call them for info but i guess cant say much bad things about their products.
i visited www.nosboost.com for the review you mentioned and think it is pretty much inline of what i think of it as well.
you can get info also directly from reefnet.

Mine came with a serial cable :)

they cheated me... damn damn damn.
had to buy mine for like 8 bucks at fry's.
have you had any problems with yours?
sometimes i get weird readings such as my last dive it registered my max depth being 437ft.
:confused:

turboracer once bubbled...
they cheated me... damn damn damn.
had to buy mine for like 8 bucks at fry's.
have you had any problems with yours?
sometimes i get weird readings such as my last dive it registered my max depth being 437ft.
:confused:

Not yet... only weird thing is that the temperature sensor seems to be off a bit. Not by much... it seems to like round numbers, go figure. For instance, on a dive where my computer bounced between 45 and 48 degrees for the bottom, the Sensus read a consistent 50. Go figure.

Thanks guys for the information. I have been looking into getting a backup for my rig for a while now and it sounds to be a pretty decent dive logger.
I havent been able to find it for sale in any other palce besides at reefnet. Where did you guys buy your units?

Thanks

saisoninter once bubbled...
Thanks guys for the information. I have been looking into getting a backup for my rig for a while now and it sounds to be a pretty decent dive logger.
I havent been able to find it for sale in any other palce besides at reefnet. Where did you guys buy your units?

Thanks
Direct through Reefnet.

I got mine through reefnet as well but I remember seeing them on Ebay before for less. but they are prolly used units and all.
My LDS also had a few units a while ago. You can always call up your LDS and see if they have them.
I live in So. Cal... not sure where you guys are at.
Btw, another good thing about the sensus is that it is a pretty well made item. I have dropped and banged that sucker many many times and it is still going.:wink:

jeeee, they want 110 bucks for the unit. somewhere i can get it for a bit cheaper? cant afford that.
:upset:

Back
Top Bottom