http://www.diveheart.org/

TexDiveGuy - Alan Knappenberger Fund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Our friend/dive buddy and frequent contributor to Scubaboard, Alan Knappenberger ( AKA TexDiveGuy) was involved in a very serious car accident while on a family vacation with his 3 sons in Wisconsin. Alan was hurt the worst when they hit some black ice and collided with a large SUV. He is in the hospital in Minnesota after being care flighted there from the accident. His home is in Texas and he is a member of the forum Texas Swamp Divers. Alan currently is suffering from a head trauma, broken pelvis, collapsed lung, broken ribs, and multiple lacerations and bruises. One of his three sons has been released with a concussion and the other two are still in the hospital as well, or at least that is the information I have. We are started a fund through PayPal for immediate financial relief for his family. Anything you can contribute $5.00 and up will be much appreciated at this time. Bonnie his wife has flown to Minnesota to be with him and she will be there for at least the next 10 days to two weeks while they get released from the hospital and make their way back home. Bonnie is a registered nurse at Arlington Hospital. Alan's son alreday suffers from health problems before the accident and this small token of our contribution will really go along way with them.

Paypal to debrawelch697@gmail.com and I will pay the PayPal fees so that the Knappenberger family gets 100% of the contributions. Alan used to work for me when I owned a dive shop and he has been a friend for the last few years. He is a generous, kind soul, who would never ask for help, but i knwo he will need it in the coming months. this money will help with the transportation back home and with hotels, food, etc for the family.

Debra,
You can disreguard my E-mail (Okcgunslinger), I got it figured out. PayPal sent. Best wishes and prayers to the Knappenberger family. Debra thank you for your efforts.

Back
Top Bottom