Sherwood Blizzard vs Oasis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lauratm

Registered
Reaction score
I was told by LDS that the Blizzard and Oasis are the same reg. But in some posts I see that the Blizzard may have additional components. Which is correct? What are the differences? Are both regs ok in both warm and cold diving?

And are the regs balanced - 1st and 2nd stages?

Thanks,
Laura

Our Sherwood rep told us that the Oasis and Blizzard are the same reg except for color. The Oasis has the same heating fins that make the Blizzard the Blizzard...

From what I've been told a few of the internals of the Blizzard have a teflon coating otherwise they are the same.

The first stages are identical. In the second stage of the Blizzard, the fins are teflon coated. The first stages are "balanced" in Sherwood's unique fashion. The second stages are simple downstream (unbalanced).

keyshunter is pretty accurate. The 2st stages are the same. The 2nd stages, the fins are teflon coated, but so are some of the o-rings. This teflon coating practically eliminates the 2nd stage from freezing in the very cold waters. In non-freezing water conditions, the Blizzard and Oasis do operate the same.

Sherwood Rep.

Thanks for the replies. I will get the Blizzard then.

-Laura

Back
Top Bottom