PEE valve dress routine?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is your PEE valve setup dress routine on a boat?

I like to get it hooked up before I get in the water.

but.. the boats I usually go on have a head or other private place. There I hook up the "personal apparatus" then when I get my suit on, there is usually a corner to hide in to attach the tubing. At the end of a dive I like to stand in the back of the boat somewhat over the side to disconnect the tube (as it will drain when disconnected) then the rest can be taken care of at leisure in the head.

Get you a quick connect and take care of half of your needs before you ever get on the boat. All that is left to do is snap-n-dive.

Ken

What is your PEE valve setup dress routine on a boat?
I start in the hotel.

Install a quick disconnect in your tubing inside the suit (about 4" from the end of the tubing).

Don the condom catheter in the hotel, where the floor only rarely is rocking and tossing around. Pull a pair of shorts on over it.

On the boat then, after donning your undergarment the 4" tube runs up through your waistband and the bottom of the zipper. After pulling on the drysuit halfway, its a matter of clicking the tubing from the suit's plumbing onto the connector attached to your plumbing.

Even in mixed company, the act of clicking the tubing together never seems to get anyone overly excited. (Of course, it is entirely possible that I am completely unexciting anyway...your mileage may vary! :D )

Best,

Doc

I've learned to recognize the slightly hunched over, back to me posture that indicates tubing being hooked up. I had to laugh at myself in Mexico, when I discovered I was doing exactly the same thing with my She-P tubing!

:rofl3:

I can't wait... I just bought a pee valve yesterday to install this weekend. I have never used a condom catheter before and I have a medical supply shop a block from my house, so I bought 1 of each size to, ahem "test" fit to see what size I need.

Those things are absolutely barbaric! But I can't wait to be comfortable and well-hydrated now.

I can't wait... I just bought a pee valve yesterday to install this weekend. I have never used a condom catheter before and I have a medical supply shop a block from my house, so I bought 1 of each size to, ahem "test" fit to see what size I need.

Those things are absolutely barbaric! But I can't wait to be comfortable and well-hydrated now.

Just so you know you can get free samples and a sizing card from Rochester Medical. I use the Rochester Widebands personally.

I do not have a QD yet on my p-valve, so I just put the cath on in the morning then attach the tube in as a descrete place as possbile.

I have not used mine on a boat just yet. I just installed it about 3 weeks ago, but I will either go to the head or just turn my back...

I too route the line up out of the waistband of my base layer and out of the bottom part of my undergarment zipper and down to the valve.

Phil

Haha, just wait till you have to go in there and ask a cute lil redhead where the male incontinent supplies are, and then have to figure out a way to explain why your "hobby" requires you to have such items, and just when you find a way to get past that hurdle - she asks what size you would like.

On line retail - best thing since sliced bread.

Kenny

QD is the best piece that you can buy. Condom on in the hotel, click together on the boat and dive, dive, dive. Or I have been known to not but the cath side of the QD on in the hotel and do that on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom