Puerto Galera Info Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okamiotoko2004

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning a trip to Puerto Galera for mid April. My flight to Manila is all set and I can only take a week on vacation. Would love to take more vacation time but just not possible.

- Where is a good place to stay? I have heard Atlantis is nice but is there anyplace else?

- What is the best way to get there from Manila? Some of the resorts websites have transportation but the prices seem rather steep ($350 one way).

Any information would be great appreciated. Thank you.

ATlantis is very nice. But there are tons of other options there. So many, you can just walk around and find something that suits you when you get there. Same thing with dive operators. You can get rooms for 15$ and up, depending on what you are looking for and are willing to tolerate.

getting to Sabang. You can hire a private car ($$$) or take a bus to batangas Pier (as suggested above) and then the ferry which will drop you in Sabang for 450 PP. The JAM bus leaves from Passay (in manilla) and costs around 350 PP one way. If you take the first one in the morning (5h30 I believe) it takes about 1.5 hours. If you take a later one, 2-2.5 hours (traffic).

Honnestly, the bus was so easy and safe... The private car wasn't worth it.

Cheers!

Sikat bus from City State towers in Malate - every day at 8am. Connect straight to the ferry for p500{i think}

Private transfers do work out expensive if you are only one.

Atlantis is great if you want an all in package including full time diving and meals. If you want to do less diving or choose your own places to eat then pick something else. You will probably end up eating at Atlantis at least once anyway though!

have a good one!

Matt.

Sikat bus from City State towers in Malate - every day at 8am. Connect straight to the ferry for p500{i think}

Private transfers do work out expensive if you are only one.

Atlantis is great if you want an all in package including full time diving and meals. If you want to do less diving or choose your own places to eat then pick something else. You will probably end up eating at Atlantis at least once anyway though!

have a good one!

Matt.

Matt just failed the internetz.

I took the fly-the-bus from the Swagman. Not the nicest vans in teh world but the people take care of you and make sure you get through batangas and on the boat ok. Its an easy way to go if you are coming from the Makati area.

I am planning a trip to Puerto Galera for mid April. My flight to Manila is all set and I can only take a week on vacation. Would love to take more vacation time but just not possible.

- Where is a good place to stay? I have heard Atlantis is nice but is there anyplace else?

- What is the best way to get there from Manila? Some of the resorts websites have transportation but the prices seem rather steep ($350 one way).

Any information would be great appreciated. Thank you.

What time is your flight arriving? If it gets in early in the morning, then you catch a cab to the bus terminal and take the bus to Batangas Pier. Then catch a ferry to Sabang as has already been suggested.

As far as resorts. Everyone has their favorites. It depends on what kind of amenities you want. I've also heard that Atlantis is nice. They have a good restaraunt. I've eaten there both times I've been in PG.

My first trip I stayed at El Galleon and dived with Asia Divers. My second I stayed at Sonnys Inn (very basic in comparison but also less than half the price) and dived with Dive Dojo.

My next trip, I'll likely stay at Out of the Blue Villas and will dive with whatever shop the group wants to dive with :)

Out of the Blue and El Galleon are away from all the party atmosphere at Sabang but close enough to walk to if you like :)

Asia Divers and Dive Dojo are both very reputable shops (as is Atlantis) No matter who you decide on, I believe you're really going to enjoy Puerto Galera :)

The best thing about staying in Sabang is that most of the boat rides to dive sites are literally 5-10 minutes - or you can dive the Sabang wrecks right off the beach (almost under the floating bar offshore)

Sabang Wrecks/reef makes a great night dive, or you can do hole in the wall/canyons/alama jane etc etc during the day. So many fun dives. There are some great deeper dives as well (turtle rock, fish bowl) if that's your thing, and a day dive/bbq trip to verde island is well worth the time

I think transport options from Manila - PG have been well covered. From PG to Sabang you can get a tricycle for ~200PHP, or a jeepney for much less (~20PHP) if you don't mind waiting for the jeepney to be full before you leave

Plenty of good options to stay and dive - in addition to the above I have to mention my friends at Capt'n Gregg's and Dive Dojo (again) - ask for Trendy (Dive Dojo) or Mark Cox (CGs) for guides/training

You can get out of bed and be underwater 20 minutes later, magic

As far as evening entertainment goes, if you like a drink The Point bar (run by El Galleon) is well worth a visit (it's on the point - duh - between Sabang beach and little La Laguna)

Or if you want to be out of the nightlife, I'd suggest staying at LBC (Laguna Beach Club, on Big LaLaguna)

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom