Double bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mutiny360

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Setting up my first set of doubles and am curious, the bands I got at the shop have the rubber on the inside of the bands. Should I leave them on or take them off. I usually see doubles with just bands and no rubber lining. The tanks are unpainted steel tanks if that makes a difference. Thanks

I have not seen any with the rubber lining. I guess it should be OK, but I would wait to hear from someone that is more sure....

Phil

lol....some people make me laugh ...

whatever ...

ok mutiny, the rubber is to keep the aluminum and steel separate ... because those bands were originally for al80s ... the fact that you will be using them on steel means you dont really "need" the rubber, but i also believe that to some extent, equipment is usually best left the way designed or improved on ... in this case, doesn't do anything to assist if you remove them ... but i would seriously consider better bands with heavier tanks ... sounds like the ones you have are a bit narrow ... are they at least 2"?

Back
Top Bottom