Long hose question please ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoppy

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting confused with trying to visualise the routing for the 7 foot hose.

Can anyone point me to a website with a nice clear picture showing what the routing should be , especially the bit round the neck ?

Sorry for being thick, but I'm finally convinced that the long hose would be better even for rec diving.

Cheers me dears
Hoppy

I know it didnt need to be here but thought this was my best shot at getting people who would use it :wink:

Thks again

Hoppy

Hoppy once bubbled...
I know it didnt need to be here but thought this was my best shot at getting people who would use it :wink:

Thks again

Hoppy

I understand that, but I'm no cave diver.. and I think you'll find that a large number of people here, especially the active ones, use a long hose setup.

Hoppy,

Be sure the have a place to tuck the extra hose if you're not using a cannister light. Under a knife on your waist strapt, under a waist pocket, or just tucked into your waist strap. You don't want the excess flopping about.

detroit diver once bubbled...
Hoppy,

Be sure the have a place to tuck the extra hose if you're not using a cannister light. Under a knife on your waist strapt, under a waist pocket, or just tucked into your waist strap. You don't want the excess flopping about.

Correction:

I have found out that the suggestion above is wrong (straight from the horse's mouth via CWB!).

If not using a cannister light, the long hose should be tucked into the waist belt on the right side only. It should be kept away from the left side of the chest so as not to interfere with drysuit inflation or any issue near the left d-ring or inflator hose.

As the knife is kept on the left side, this is not an acceptable solution.

Sorry for the wrong info.

Here's a still that Halcyon [at least used to] have on their web page:

http://www.underctek.com/open/DIRF/dir1.jpg

I usually put on a Halcyon pocket when I don't have a cannister. Otherwise I either stuff the hose in my waist strap or just leave it out -- in a horizontal position it just floats up against your body and stays put.

Roak

Ps. This picture is rather poorly composed in that it appears that the boltsnap that's attached to the long hose near the second stage is clipped to the hose of the necklaced second stage -- this is not the case -- it's just hanging down in front of it.

detroit diver once bubbled...
I have found out that the suggestion above is wrong (straight from the horse's mouth via CWB!).

What horse would that be?

Munin once bubbled...

What horse would that be?

Andrew Georgitsis, training director from GUE.

GI has always said that he uses the knife, AFAIK. That is what I do and I can't say I've ever had any problem with my d-ring, drysuit inflator, or inflator hose, and I can't really imagine how you could have a problem. It seems that using the knife takes even more slack out of the hose and makes it less likely to me. Was AG any more specific about what sort of problem it might cause? Who am I to disagree though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom