Which primary computer do you use?

What kind of dive computer do you use?

• Suunto RGBM Vyper, Cobra, Vytec, Mosquito etc.

Votes: 74 48.7%
  • Aeris, Oceanic, Sherwood, Genisis & other hockey pucks.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Uwatec Aladin

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Seiko: Dive Rite, OMS etc.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Cochran

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Benemec: Polar, Zeagle, Orca

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Exotics: HS, VR3 Abyss

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Brick, Edge or SkinnyDipper

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Bottom Timer Mode only

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Please indicate your dive computer(s) in this poll. The poll is aranged by software type. If you use a computer only in the bottom timer mode, mark bottom timer rather than the brand.

Easy to use. Nice bar graph to gives graphical display of N2 loading. You can easily add conservatism by keeping the N2 bargraph out of the yellow zone, but still get true unmodified deco calculations via the NDL time remaining display.

Uses the same model and database as the PADI RDP (thank you Dr. Deco!), even including, for reasons I don't understand, the 60 minute surface credit control of the RDP.

One minor quibble is that the NDL time is diplayed in big numbers, while total dive time is in smaller numbers ---- I usually monitor dive time, depth, and N2 bar while not paying that much attention to NDL numbers.

Charlie

Personally I prefer not to use a computer... but it is nice to have a bottom time / depth gauge with download capabilities and that is why I use a Suunto Stinger (in gauge mode.)

A not so minor quibble with me is that computers display their version of the NDL in large numbers right there in the middle of the screen... where I want the bottom time.

While not a necessity for non-deco recreational divers the Stinger (Vytec and D3 as well) can switch the center display to a count up timer for use in timing deco stops.

Vytec w/ transmitter works great. On one boat, two of us had Vytecs - no problems. Just fire them up and check the codes, we never conflicted.

Having all info right on the wrist is very convenient although I do have a backup SPG clipped off just in case.

Downloading it all to the computer, including air consumption, is very cool.

Somewhere I got a deep nick on the transmitter. It must have been whacked pretty hard for that to happen. It stood up to it which is nice to know.

VR3

VR3 with a Uwatec bottom timer as backup.....

Vytec with wireless transmitter...and I only have positive raves about it. I download all my dive data directly to my Palm pilot. Best dive investment I think I ever made.

Suunto.

I expected Suunto to make a strong showing, but not quite this strong.

Back
Top Bottom