Looking for info on Lembeh Straights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hollydaze

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Doing research for my next vacation, considering Lembeh and looking for opinions from someone who might have been there.

Lembeh is in Indonesia and there is a separate forum for Indonesia. You'll get lots of advice over there.

Spent 4 days in Lembeh last month. Enjoyed the diving. Got great service and guided diving from Divers Lodge in Lembeh. Very nice accomodation, good food and interesting guests. Mostly European guests, but another Canadian was there when I was there as well. Lots of interesting creatures, others who have stayed longer will likely give you better info but I would go back.

Highlights were seahorses, mandrin fish and the dive at a site called Angels Window - or something like that. Nudibranchs everywhere. Could easily have spent another week. Wish my camera had arrived with me instead of two days later.

Indonesian domestic airlines are the worst I have ever travelled on. In four flights within Indonesia only one was on time - ie only 30 minutes late. The others were all at least 5 hours late leaving. Leave lots and lots of time for connections.

A client that does class action law and specializes in aircraft issues tells me that it is almost to the point where they can't get insurance any more. One of, if not the worst safety records on the planet. Having said that the staff were always polite and worked very hard to make everything work as well as possible.

Spent a week or so at The Lembeh Resort in 2007 and loved every minute. I put a trip report on the BSAC website in the traveler reviews section of the Travel Club. Also have a load of pics on Webshots. I have dived all over the world and this rates as the best diving Ive ever done, from a resort that is the best I've ever stayed in and with dive guides with almost supernatural critter spotting skills.
You will love it.
Dave.

On the Eighth Day, God rested. He looked about and discovered he had spare parts. He dumped them in Lembeh Straits. Fish that walk and other strange and delightful creatures. Kunkungan Bay Resort (KBR) is also generally a good choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom