Instructor Couple Looking for Employment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

droda_7

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are currently in Alona beach off Bohol, but thinking of moving to Boracay to look for jobs there. We both have a lot of experience and are looking for something for the next few months. Honestly I would love to even work in a shop or a restaurant and dive occasional, but would be happy in the water as well. Really we just need jobs, and yes I realize this is a problem many people are having right now. We are trying to decide if we should stay here and hope that it gets busy and we get some work, or should we go to somewhere a bit more crowded. Unfortunately we don't have languages, Russ can speak Spanish but I don't imagine that is very helpful here. We have tons of customer service experience, college degrees and can do many things.
Just wondering if any one has any POSITIVE advice, :)
Let us know,
Thanks
Rachel

We are currently in Alona beach off Bohol, but thinking of moving to Boracay to look for jobs there. We both have a lot of experience and are looking for something for the next few months. Honestly I would love to even work in a shop or a restaurant and dive occasional, but would be happy in the water as well. Really we just need jobs, and yes I realize this is a problem many people are having right now. We are trying to decide if we should stay here and hope that it gets busy and we get some work, or should we go to somewhere a bit more crowded. Unfortunately we don't have languages, Russ can speak Spanish but I don't imagine that is very helpful here. We have tons of customer service experience, college degrees and can do many things.
Just wondering if any one has any POSITIVE advice, :)
Let us know,
Thanks
Rachel
hi rachel... hmmmmmmm don't know how well i can help but i would think boracay would have far more tourist traffic than alona...

i guess it's worth a try...

have you tried puerto galera?

Jag

Whitebeachdivers Boracay

They recently had one of their expat instructors leave for a really extended trip, for several months I think (if he's even coming back). I honestly dont know if they filled in a permanent replacement yet But ya can always ask. Mike is the owner, its right near here in the Station 3 area.

Diving employment on Boracay can be hit-or-miss on Boracay. Theres a ton of freelance DM's that work at different places each day (or not at all) which allows proper instructors to be freed up. But you could try dropping a line to all the dive shops here just in case, I know theres been a lot of customers for a while now - the influx is keeping places pretty busy.

Rachel and Russ have found a home! We are very happy to announce that they are working with Panay Explorers and Phaidon Resort.

Rachel and Russ have found a home! We are very happy to announce that they are working with Panay Explorers and Phaidon Resort.
wow cool!

i just read in your reefdome thread that you "hired a couple of instructors"... i thought to myself "i wonder if the few people who have said they're looking for an instructor gig in the PI are who babyd hired?"

now lo and behold...

Jag

I'm sure it's their extensive experience mixing cement that closed the deal!:rofl3::rofl3::D

That's great news! Crograts to you both and way to go BabyD! :coffee:

congrats guys! i myself still seeking employment in the philippines,i am scandinavian speaking instructor and currently working in Phiphi Thailand.Keeping my fingers cross to land a job in Philippines.

Yeah, it seems it's an important matter to develop Antique now with a very good crew... the dive sites are great ...
and Rachel / Russ doing excellent teaching

good idea from BabyD !!

and even the rates are great...:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom