What would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolfram

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ireland, Egypt, Thailand, Bali , Manado, Philippin
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I got a job offer from Werner Lau (wernerlau.com) and from Scuba College (scuba-college.com).

As I have never work with them I wonder if anyone here has knowledge/information for me.
I plan to work with them long time and would apreciate your experience diving/working with them.

Both gave about the same offer so I am not sure where I will go at the end.

Thank you very much,
Wolfram

Thanks.

What I am most concerned is if there are any points which I should be aware of with these companies? Did they have only positive customer responses and work is just great with both or else?
I do not wish to speak negative about either but I will need to make a decision and as I do not know them I wonder if there is anyone who has had contact with both or one of them?
I know of a specific company in Manado who is not even paying their instructors even they sign a contract!!!

Thanks again,
Wolfram

I know of a specific company in Manado who is not even paying their instructors even they sign a contract!!!
Why protect the culprit and allow more fellow divers to get hurt by these guys? Give us a name. :wink:

Oh, and btw, I have no experience with either companies. Sorry.

Sorry but not in public even they deserve it. 1 Instructor they did not pay and 1 Instructor they even got forced out of Indonesia!!!
I know both of them but I do not write names in public. Only I can say is they are on Bunaken island on the North East side.
Wolfram

Of the two I would think that Werner Lau would be your best bet. They do have an international reputation.

I assume that Scuba College are based in Nuweiba. If you are young and single the life there may not suit you.

If you are looking at Werner Lau then I assume it is either Sharm, Taba or Marsa Alam. In all centers they are based in good hotels and are professionally run.

For financial security I know who I would chose.

Back
Top Bottom