DC1 212 Yoke to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All - I'm a new diver, just four boat dives since my OW in Nov in San Diego. I was looking for a reg in the $250 to $300 range & lucked out finding that in a Hollis DC1 212 yoke Reg, new-open box at scuba.com which is close by my mom's. What a great staff over there by the way. I'm jazzed about trying the reg out this coming weekend in Monterey. I have almost all my own gear, borowing the rest including tanks.

My question(s) - my techy-geek friends(hope they aren't reading this) in a club in SD are letting me use their steel HP DIN tanks. What is the best connector to adapt my new first stage to DIN. Money is an object, but I know it is my life support. I'd probably leave the DIN connection on since I am using their tanks consistently. I was originally shopping for DIN regs and using a yoke adpater when needed. (Was looking at a Zeagle ZX/50D DIN with yoke adapter)

Any other thoughts on DIN to yoke vs Yoke to DIN.

I'll probably purchase a neutral aluminum tank(s) to allow me to beach dive more, and I can borrow the big 120 HP steel DIN tanks from my pals for the boat diving....but thats in the future.

Thanks for any ideas. Perhaps I'll post some of this in the reg section. Sorry to ramble but you guys have been muy helpful.

Robin

200 Bar tank valves allow the insert while most 300 Bar do not - which is what it sounds like you have.

Great choice going with the DC1/212. My suggestion is to go with the conversion kit if you want to switch to DIN. Should be in stock by the end of Feb - until then send me a PM and i can explain other options to get you in the water faster.

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom