Wisdom II still problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wreckdiverjoey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I haven't been on here in awhile, but before I have mentioned that my Wisdom II was showing the "ALT" after being turned on. It goes thru the screen of going on then ALT shows up & shuts down. But there were times it would work fine after being turned on. But, when I dunk it in water it works fine. I don't have the card of the dealer that, I bought it from at a Scuba Flea market in Toms River NJ. I either misplaced,or lost it. But, my biggest problem is with dive season around the corner. I work for a local dive shop, which I don't really want to send it back thru because I didn't buy it from them. All because, I got a better price at the flea market. So, a divers have responded to me before, which I am hoping to hear from them again. As to what my options are, and I really liked this computer for it's functions for all the dives that I do. I hate the thought of having to buy another new Wisdom II from my boss, which I already feel foolish as it is. And, this is a "valuable" lessoned learned.....Thanks, hope to hear from someone, because, I've made numerous inquiries with Sherwood, but no replies. And, to think that , I even registered the unit with them online besides. And, still nothing ....

I think some of it has to do with the design of the website. I have had numerous problems trying to log on to Sherwood using IE6, IE7 and even IE8. Further, I have never received a reply when using the form on the web page.

Now that I have your attention could you answer a question I posted there? Will the Wisdom 2 software recently released work on my Wisdom computer?

I think some of it has to do with the design of the website. I have had numerous problems trying to log on to Sherwood using IE6, IE7 and even IE8. Further, I have never received a reply when using the form on the web page.

Now that I have your attention could you answer a question I posted there? Will the Wisdom 2 software recently released work on my Wisdom computer?

As long as it's not a mac it should work no problem and if you have purchased the wisdom II interface cable.

The Wisdom2 software will work on a Wisdom. But the original software for the Wisdom does not work on the Wisdom2.

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

You’re going to have to send your computer in for service, The ALT means the pressure transducer is not working correctly. Basically its say you are above 14,000 ft it will work off and on for a little while then it will fail, if you don't have it service take a back up computer with you.

Hello NCadiver, Thanks for the information about the Transducer being the culprit. I had the manager of the Dive Shop of which, I work for, call Sherwood about it. At which, they did say that is highly possible being the cause. So, as you are reading this, the Wisdom II computer has been sent back for service. Also, it is covered under the warranty, which is cool by me. Also, those who have wondered who I spoke to at Sherwood about the matter, and not getting any response. Which, they are checking into their website as to where I registered the unit in the first place . Again, thanks to all of you, but I will let you all know what the out come is when it comes back...hopefully before dive season....

Hello NCadiver, Thanks for the information about the Transducer being the culprit. I had the manager of the Dive Shop of which, I work for, call Sherwood about it. At which, they did say that is highly possible being the cause. So, as you are reading this, the Wisdom II computer has been sent back for service. Also, it is covered under the warranty, which is cool by me. Also, those who have wondered who I spoke to at Sherwood about the matter, and not getting any response. Which, they are checking into their website as to where I registered the unit in the first place . Again, thanks to all of you, but I will let you all know what the out come is when it comes back...hopefully before dive season....

Your're welcome have fun out thier.

Back
Top Bottom