Looking for a diving resort near Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be in Manila in a couple of weeks. I was hoping to find a waterfront hotel near Manila to stay at and do some great diving out of. Can someone recommend a place? Got a URL of their website?

Thanks........

There is a waterfront hotel in manila and a lot of hotels along roxas boulevard facing Manila Bay. unfortunately, your doctor would likely not think diving in manila bay will be good for your health. Nearest dive sites are in Anilao 2-3 hours from manila and puerto galera 2hours by lang plus 45 minutes by boat.

there are a lot of diving options in the country. help us help you by telling us about your diving preferences, budget etc.

as a first time person to PI, what do you suggest going? Anilao, puerto galera or someplace else.

I will be on the main island where Manila is located.

as far as dive preferences i think i would like to see alot of aniamls and corals, i have never being ship wreak diving so...

as far as budget, i want to stay at a hotel with hot and cold showers and air condition. water front rooms would be nice too. price is open..... i would rather stay someplace nice instead of cheap.

any suggestions? any URLS?

puerto galera. out of the blue villas is PPD approved. Not waterfront but the view is great. There's also El Galleon and Atlantis.

For dive shop, PPDers have used action divers, asia divers, seariders, and atlantis to name a few.

There's plenty more info if you perform a search in the forum.

as a first time person to PI, what do you suggest going? Anilao, puerto galera or someplace else.

I will be on the main island where Manila is located.

as far as dive preferences i think i would like to see alot of aniamls and corals, i have never being ship wreak diving so...

as far as budget, i want to stay at a hotel with hot and cold showers and air condition. water front rooms would be nice too. price is open..... i would rather stay someplace nice instead of cheap.

any suggestions? any URLS?

If you want tons of marine life and wrecks, the PG (Sabang) is the place rather then Anilao (which I beleive has no wrecks; please correct me if I'm wrong anybody).

There are tons of operators in Sabang and some good hotels with view on the water. I would recommend Mermaids (very nice). But Atlantis has a very nice resort right on the water (never seen the rooms though) and a good dive operation. Not the cheapest, but definetly one of the nicer places to stay!

CHeers!

Do you have a URL for Atlantis? or what city is it in?

I am not sure if i want to go wreck diving??? i have never been....

i think i would rather just see corals and animals???

what do you suggest?

Diving Philippines - Atlantis Dive Resorts, Dumaguete and Puerto Galera, Philippines

You don,t have to do wrecks if you don,t want to. I didn't like them at first, but now appreciate them a lot for their critter attraction abilities! Think of a wreck as a big artificial reef! Those in Sabang were sunk intentionally, so there were no casualties. It's basically a divers amusement park! They have some very easy ones, and a few advanced ones. Andremember on wrecks, you never HAVE to penetrate the wreck if you don't want to. And actually, you shouldn't if you don't have the proper training! You just scoot about looking here and there about the carcass of the ship. All you need to remember is to always look out for protruding pieces of metal. Basically keep clear of touching anything and you'll be OK!

All that to say, you don't need to dive the wrecks. There is plenty of reef to see without them...

Cheers!

Do you have a URL for Atlantis? or what city is it in?

I am not sure if i want to go wreck diving??? i have never been....

i think i would rather just see corals and animals???

what do you suggest?

Puerto Galera; 2 hour drive south of Manila to Batangas pier the a 45 min boat ride to Sabang or Puerto Galera. Sabang beach and nearby Little LaLaguna beach have the largest # of dive shops and places to stay. for general info Puerto Galera, Philippines. Beach Resorts, Hotels and Scuba Diving Travel Guide and Directory. Dive Puerto Galera, Dive Philippines, Dive Action Divers (I have dove with Action Divers, great op) Vacation in the Philippines Scuba Diving in the Philippines, Diving in the Philippines
Anilao/Mabini 2 hour drive south of Manila no boat ride. general info Municipality of Mabini, Batangas Philippines Scuba Diving in Anilao, Batangas, Philippines
Anilao Outrigger Resort in Solo, Anilao Mabini, Batangas, Philippines Anilao Batangas, Philippines dive sites, map, facilities and resort.

You can't go wrong diving in the Philippines.
WARNING: DIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES IS THE MOST ADDICTIVE FORM OF DIVING

thanks h2odragon1......

from looking over the links....i think i would like to go to Puerto Galera and stay at the Banana Moon Beach Resort located at Small Lalaguna next to Action Divers.

sounds good and easy.......what do you think? have you seen this hotel before?

are they on the same island as Manila? or is there a boat ride involved?

plus you said this operation is first class, right?

rj, manila is on the island of Luzon, while Sabang and little lalaguna are on Mindoro. From manila, as others have already said, it's a 1.5 to 2 hour car ride followed by a 45 minute Bangka ride. If you leave early enough (first bus), you can make it to Sabang by about 10h00 am and have a great day of diving!

thanks h2odragon1......

from looking over the links....i think i would like to go to Puerto Galera and stay at the Banana Moon Beach Resort located at Small Lalaguna next to Action Divers.

sounds good and easy.......what do you think? have you seen this hotel before?

are they on the same island as Manila? or is there a boat ride involved?

plus you said this operation is first class, right?

Back
Top Bottom