What should I beware of buying computer from LP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Do I have to worry that a computer bought from LP will only read in bars?
Do I have to be concerned that I'll not have any kind of guarantee?
What should I be concerned about?

Thanks,
Caymaniac Bomb

and/or call them.

I want "feet" calibration, and some computer brands cannot be selected, while others can.

I purchased my computer from LP and had the same concern. However, they assured me that they have the same warrantee as the manufacturer (Mares in my case).

I have talked to many people regarding their service and all seem to be satisfied. The only issue is that it can take some time, depending on model. Mine was approx one week.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy the ride
:mean:

I will be perfectly honest with you. I work for a dive shop so I am not a fan of Leisure Pro but before I am a dive shop employee I am a Divemaster (and an Instructor Candidate) so I will tell you what I know to help you. I have come across a few people who have purchased computers from Leisure Pro who have had no problem at all and when they did Leisure Pro honored their own warranty. However, a few weeks ago we had a gentleman come into the store (and I use that word loosely) who had an Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus which he purchased from Leisure Pro. On a dive in the Carribean it began to show low battery (it was about a year old.) Well, we changed out the battery for him and it still showed low battery. It needed to be replaced but since he did not buy it from us (and never has purchased anything from us) we told him that we could not help him. Unfortunately for him Leisure Pro did not have his warranty information (from what he told me.) He called Oceanic and they called us. We informed them that his computer was not in warranty so they refused to send him a new one. In the end he wound up with a very nice paperweight.

The moral of the story: MAKE SURE LEISURE PRO GETS YOUR WARRANTY INFO!!

Lose your receipt and fail to register the product, you will have problems.

This is not a LP-specific issue.

Leissure Pro does require that you register your warranty withing 14 days and should you need service you simply provide your warranty card and receipt.

That's really pretty simple.

do not permit the requirement that you "register" for warranties to be in effect.

If you live in one of those states, all you need is proof of purchase (e.g. your receipt)

I had the same concerns when I got my computer from LP. I had no problems with shipment and called them copule of times by phone regarding some warranties. They help alot I advise you to call them and ask about your concerns.

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom