Experience with ZeagleRanger LTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JSED

New
Reaction score
Just got a Ranger LTD. Did I make a good purchase? I am a rec diver who has an interest in graduating up to some tech diving. People say that it is hard to rig the Ranger with doubles, is the Ranger LTD any easier?

First of all, welcome to the board...

Now, in order to answer your question, tell us a little about yourself, the type of diving you are doing, your goals for diving, what you were looking for in a BC.

Once we know where you are coming from, we can give you some feedback geared to your specific situation.

So...let us know what's going on...

Zeagle is an excellant company to deal with and the products are well made. I have been diving with a Tec Pac for 3 years, and while it is a little different than the Ranger, the concepts are the same. The Ranger has more "stuff" attached to it than I like, but for the average diver it is a good choice. Because it is a modular system you will be able to modify it as your needs change. I use mine for cave, wreck and deep(200'+) and have had no problems. I have used BP and wings before they were "in" and for me they were and still are uncomfortable. I prefer the softer harness system. For doubles I simply add stabilizing plates from Dive Rite and bolt the harness and wing directly to the doubles. I know the DIR system and Halcyon are getting a lot of play right now, but BP and wings are not "new" to this industry. I have seen lots of this philosophy used on boats and I certainly understand the logic behind Team gear configuration and simplicity. If I were diving in a team that demanded conformity I would conform. The bottom line is that your equipment will not make you a better diver. Find equipment that you are comfortable with and go dive.

I agree with Wizzard on the high quality of Zeagle BCs as well as the company's customer service. I dive the Ranger, and liked it from the first dive. However, I use it for single tank dives only, as I prefer the added stability of a more solid back. The Tech's semi-rigid back might work, I haven't had a chance to try. For single tank dives the 44lbs. bladder is too large and bulky for my taste, I fit the 35lbs. one. Nice that you have the option. :)

Hi caveseeker7, where did you get the 35lb wing? is it the one the Escape had? How much is it? I had been tryin gto get just the wing and with no success. My email: onn36@yahoo.com

Thnaks

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom