Genesis OZ second stage falls apart, again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magicwanz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello,

I have a Genesis OZ (GS2000) second stage that has fallen apart inside... for the second time. Supposedly it has just returned from the Genesis factory for a rebuild through a local LDS who is an authorized Genesis dealer. However, at this point I am rather skeptical that is actually ever went into your factory. The S/N on the second stage is 07019387. After literally 4 breaths, it appears the inside has fallen apart... rattles really bad, can't suck air through it, and freeflows uncontrollably at the slightest touch of the purge.

I received the second stage as a gift (new in the box) and it performed like a dream and never had any problems until I took it in for its annual service (at the same LDS who is a Genesis authorized dealer.) Paid $30 for the annual service. After I got it back from service the second stage internals seemed to fall apart as described in my first paragraph. I returned it to the LDS and after of couple more weeks they informed me that their "technican" could not fix the problem, so it would have to go to the Genesis factory. Got it back a couple weeks later and paid another $30 supposedly for the "factory service".

1. Did this second stage really ever make it to your factory?

2. What can you do to resolve the problem (repair, replace)?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Chris

A genesis representative has been in touch, I am going to send it to him directly. PM sent on the name of the LDS.

Thank you very much!!! I just tested the regulator and I am very pleased... to say I am impressed with the performance would be an understatement. Mr. Skop provided outstanding customer service as well.
Regards,
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom