HTS harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I dive a Zeagle and she is getting on a bit in age and im looking in the market for a new Bc set up by the end of the year and have been looking at the Hollis gear.
my question is this, is the HTS harness an intergrated weight sys, what is the max wt. cap, and lastly I have always had to use Split Saddle Strap's with my Zeagle do you have these for the Hollis?
I think the Hollis line is very good looking and on equel terms with Zeagle or OMS two of my favorite lines! im going to post this on the Hollis forum and in the Basic Scuba Discussions. if any one has any input im open!

I dive a Zeagle and she is getting on a bit in age and im looking in the market for a new Bc set up by the end of the year and have been looking at the Hollis gear.
my question is this, is the HTS harness an intergrated weight sys, what is the max wt. cap, and lastly I have always had to use Split Saddle Strap's with my Zeagle do you have these for the Hollis?
I think the Hollis line is very good looking and on equel terms with Zeagle or OMS two of my favorite lines! im going to post this on the Hollis forum and in the Basic Scuba Discussions. if any one has any input im open!

Thanks for the questions.

The HTS system supports its own 20lbs QLR weight system - 10 lbs in each side. We also offer 5lbs. non-ditchable pkts for additional weight requirements.

This system does not utilize a split strap system, but rather a 2" crotch strap which is attached at the front via a fastex buckle and 2" D-ring at the rear. This strap is adjustable and also removable should one want to change to a 1" or remove it altogether.

Hope this helps.

I bought the Zeagle Stilletto due to the back inflation and the minimalistic feel (harnesslike). As far aas BC's go I really like it. That said, I find myself going toward the tech side as well as carrying a pony bottle. I have come to realize that a bc/w setup probably would better suit by build and needs. A LDS in Houston just started carrying Hollis gear. It was nice to have the side by side comparison with Dive Rite in the same shop. After trying on the HTS on 2 or 3 different occassions I bit the bullet and bought the HTS with the 38lb wing and stainless backplate. DO you have any photo's for setup and different equipment/gear arrangements?

Thanks

no im still working on a set up that i like, did you go with the cave cut by any chance?

Sorry for the confussion. I was actually hoping that Nick would continue the thread. What do you mean by the "cave cut"?

On a side note, the HTS is amazingly comfortable and I have no problems manuevering my shoulders in and out of the harness. It fits and feels as snug as a sky diving rig. Not cheap, but worth the quality. Noticeably better than other manufacturer's equivalent products.

Not a prob its my confussion as well and I would like to see a few more pics as well.
the cave cut is a slim wing bladder for cave diving or close spaces.

Do you use a backplate with your HTS, or did it come with one?

Im headiing to scuba toys next week end to by a new led light so maby they have Hollis gear in stock. id also like to take a look at the new Prism 2, I'v got a few questions about it as well!

Anyway thanks to both you Bartimmo and Nick for your input!

I bought the stainless backplate and the 38lb S series wing. I noticed that Hollis has the new S wing coming out in February. So I returned the original S wing to be LDS and reserved one of the new S series wings. The difference in the new wing is that it has precut slots for the tank bands to run through the wing should you want to use the HTS as a soft harness and without a backplate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom