Shark diving in Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I understand you can see hammerheads and Thrashers sharks in the Philippines. I am thinking about doing this while in PI.

Any suggestions about where to go? What operation to use? Is this worth doing, for fun?

Thanks.

i plan to be in Donsol to see the whale sharks, how could i get to malapascua from there? is there an easy way to see both while i am in the general area?

check in the stickey , and try to find the ppd map dive spot

its very great it show , ailine track , ferry track , money changer hotels dive spot all that in google map very usefull for planning

.... Good luck

technobro....

i do not understand where you are talking about? i am a new user to this forum and do not understand....

RJ, for threshers and mantas, malapascua is about the only place there your chances are good of seing one! Hammerheads? I've heard rumors of hammerheads very very deep in february in Malapascua. But not sure your chances are all that great.

Malapascua is pretty much the only place there you'll see those... Unless white tip reef sharks are enough... Those are found in many places in the Philippines... Even in Shark cave in Sabang!

question.... CODMAN

have you dove shark cave in Sabang? do you go inside the cave with a bunch of sharks?

can you give me some details if you have done that before?

yup! Been dere, done dat!

Shark cave isn't really a cave. It's a deep overhang, maybe 3-4 feet high at the entrance and very wide. Inside there are often several white tips sleeping. You can crawl in a few feet before the ceiling stops you. Close enough to come within 2-3 feet of the sharks... If you dare...:rofl3: They're harmless as long as you don't pester them too much... The cave is a fairly deep dive if I recall... 90-100 feet or something...

It's a cool dive... But the highlight is the sharks... There are other better dives in Sabang...

Cheers!:coffee:

question.... CODMAN

have you dove shark cave in Sabang? do you go inside the cave with a bunch of sharks?

can you give me some details if you have done that before?

I understand you can see hammerheads and Thrashers sharks in the Philippines. I am thinking about doing this while in PI.

Any suggestions about where to go? What operation to use? Is this worth doing, for fun?

Thanks.

Thresher Shark Divers operation on Malapascua Island- My last trip was very good for sightings. Recommend nitrox so you can stay down longer with fewer divers around. There is also a shark cave (white tip reef sharks) under Gato Island which is dived from Malapascua. Can't really get too close as the rock above interfers with your tank, unless you take your gear off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom