Newbie and confused - Dive com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turbonarian

Reaction score
Hi

I'm a newbie to scuba equipment. Been looking at Suunto range of dive com and I cannt really find a significant difference between the mosquito, stinger, vytec and vyper. Can someone enlighten me?

thanks.

Most obvious: size & material
Stinger & Mosquito are about the size of a watch. Makes them much harder to read UW, but you can wear them without looking too goofy at all time. Between the two, the Mosquito is made of some sort of plastic, the Stingers have metal housings. The latter is a bit more advanced, offering a gauge mode and higher depth rating.

Vyper vs. Vytec
The Vyper is capable of calculating one Nitrox mix, the Vytec up to three. The Vytec can be air-integrated with a wireless sender. It offers a somewhat less restrictive algorithm option.

Check Suuntos webseite, you can download pdf-files of the manuals, that'll tell you justa about all you need to know. :)

Back
Top Bottom