Slowly getting into shape again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casarez

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, I started working out regularly about 18 months ago or so. I did this for multiple reasons. I wanted to lower my cholesterol which was at 210 at the time without having to resort to drugs. I wanted to be in better shape overall in life and for diving. Most importantly I wanted to look good naked.

I was fortunate that one of my friends at work wanted to also start working out. So I had a buddy who would push me to go when I was not feeling like it and vice versa. We made a pact that if one quit the quitter would pay the others gym fees.

So we joined a gym by work and started going 5 days a week. That is until my work put a gym in and then we used this one but continued going every work day. We talked to trainers, got a good program, and started the slow road to getting back into shape.

I refused to do any diet fad or pills or whatever. I just ensured my meals were balanced and had normal portions not American portions and continued to eat normally. The only thing I took was a chewable centrum once a day and fish oil once a week. Other than that we just worked out.

At this point going to the gym has not become a habit for us both. We are also careful not to just go off how many pounds we weigh but other indications we are losing fat. Since the time we started I have lowered my cholesterol to 174 (As of last year I go for my yearly physical in a few weeks to get the updated score). I have also dropped down many pant sizes by losing the fat around my waist and elsewhere. I am in a lot better shape than I was eighteen months ago and I do think I am looking better naked as time goes on. :D

The last part is important now that I have read about the 100th dive being done naked. :wink:

Well it sounds to me like you're well on your way to looking good nekkid...especially when the ladies think you look good nekkid too. :D

The key is working hard both in the gym AND the kitchen. I most people who fail to improve their bodies think they only need to do one or the other. Truth is, changing your body is 60% diet and 40% excerise.

Well it sounds to me like you're well on your way to looking good nekkid...especially when the ladies think you look good nekkid too. :D

Slowly but surely. :)

The key is working hard both in the gym AND the kitchen. I most people who fail to improve their bodies think they only need to do one or the other. Truth is, changing your body is 60% diet and 40% excerise.

Yes, I think people lose sight of that. Portion control and what you eat have just as much effect as doing cardio.

Most importantly I wanted to look good naked.
♦

Lester Burnham is my Hero! "I ROCK"

Also, Its nice to hear about a relaxed common sense approach to getting healthy, most people stress out and turn it into work instead of just living better. Good for you and good luck!

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom