Moderately priced resort in Bunaken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are looking for a place to stay for 5nts/4days in Sept in Bunaken before heading to Lemebeh. TwoFish is top of the list, but their no-hot-water showers concerns me. If I can find something one step up without breaking the bank it would be nice. We plan ~16 dives over the 4 days - which usually involves more cost over typical package rates. Looking at Cha Cha for example this would cost us ~$1200, v/s ~$400 at 2Fish. I can deal with no hot showers for that difference, but obviously Cha Cha is a different thing all together. So is there someplace that fills the gap?

Thanks!

Hi.
I had a week at Two Fish 2 years ago and had a brilliant time. Any minor shortfall in luxury was more than made up for in professionalism and atmosphere. To be honest I dont recall whether the showers were hot or cold. We then went on to the Lembeh Resort so its not as if we didnt have something to compare with.
I did a trip report in the travel section of the BSAC website. You might find this helpful.
Dave

We stayed at Two Fish Bunaken and lembeh Dec. last year. Indeed a simple resort, far from luxury but very effective and friendly operation. The food was not gourmet but I hate to say my weight increased almost a kg within a week.
I though my daughters (9 & 13 years they are divers) would complain with lack of hot water, A/C and TV. In fact, all of them was quite happy and would like to come back again. Here, her report melati luv diving

The prices of the Bunaken Village look reasonable... Do post a report if did go...
We did miss the hot shower & good food of NAD Lembeh, when we went over to 2Fish... However, the guides & people at 2Fish are very nice & experienced!

The Tasik Ria Dive Resort has deluxe cottages, a smidgen cheaper still for the same thing in a standard room.

Under that link you'll find a list of different lengths of stays and dives and sometimes can be customised for you needs too. The facilities are top notch with hot water showers. Might not quite be filling the gap you were looking for though.

You can checking Living Colors in Bunakan. Two Fish and Living Colors are the most pro shops on the strip. Nice bungalows or cheaper ones next door at Lorenzo II (partners with Living Colors & you dive with them)

yeah...for Living Colours in Bunaken...we were there last summer and will go again in may...We loved to be there...divemasters were Great...bungalows were nice (no hot water) and you can just relax and dive there (the stuff will take care everything) and the houseband is the best one in Asia maybe in the whole world :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom