What watch strap for big wrists?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roscoe

New
Reaction score
The original rubber strap for my Seiko SQ 100 broke long ago - and barely fit in the first place - any ideas for a replacement? My wrist is probably 9" plus. How about the Waterborne? This would be more for land than dive use so I'm not looking for something completely functional - a little style would help. Also, I'm not crazy about Velcro. A lot to ask, I know, but thanks in advance for your help.

Hunt around stores like wal-mart for watch straps....you can usually find a long velcro strap...which someone bought me the winter for like 3 bucks...

Have a look in the computer accesories section at www.diverite.com , they have a long strap with what looks like a buckle. If you need to know the diameter, give them a call. :)

I use the Spandoflex bands on mine. Its easy on and easy off and if you do dive with it, there are no worries about expansion and contraction popping out one of your pins. Ive found them at Kmart, Target, Wallmart and most drug stores. They come in Gold, White metal, and Black. The common size Ive found is XL and I have to take a couple links out to snug it up a bit. My wrist is just under 9 inches. They cost about $5.

If you can't find a long watch strap w/buckle, give a yell. I have a couple new watches here I can sneak one off of. The overall measurement (with watch) is 11-3/4, allowing for a maximum size of 11"
I can wear one of these around my ankle.
Be happy to swap ya for a decent quality velcro band.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom