Transpac II just arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-BlueHole-

Reaction score
I just received my brand new Transpac II w. Trek wing,
I tryed it yesterday for the first time, and I have to say is a nice Bc.
Before buyng the transpac I was using a Dive System, but it was too heavy and bulky and had a ridicoulous amount of D-rings (28), almost embarassing !
I like the minimal approach of the transpac, who will be my single tank bc, from 15 lt. steel drysuit diving in the lake to 12 lt. alu @ caribbean. For twin tanks I'll buy a bp.

From the dive system to the transpac I noticed the lightness and the more clean and minimalist design, I think I will be able to reduce the weights of 1 or 2 kilos, from my actual 8 down to 6 (drysuit and fresh water w a 15 lt steel).
The only thing that was better w the dive system was the more stable feeling given by the bp.
Another strange thing is that the waist strap is a little bit too high for my taste, it is almost over my navel, is this normal ?
Also the cam bands are barely long enought for a 15 lt tank
For all the rest I like it a lot, is an excellent quality bc and it is really confortable, it gives a nice trim.
I attach a pic of my ex bc

By the way the trek wing is considered a bungeed wing of death too or I have to change mi signature ? :eek:ut:

They do have a smallish bungie.

I used to use TrekWings with the bungies pulled all the way tight for single tanks. I dove that way for about 60 dives and things worked fine.

I recently switched to a 27# Pioneer. I think the pioneer is a better wing for singles. Less drag, much easier to rear dump.

I don't have a TP2, so I can't comment on the rest.

Have fun!

Peter

On me the belt fits somewhat lower. It depends on how you are built. You may need to slide the metal plates back a bit.

gentlegiant & i both dive with Transpac IIs.

We originally started out with the Zeagel Concept II, and both switched pretty quickly (We just keep the Zeagels in the basement in case we ever need a spare BC).

He LOVES his. i actually love mine too, with only one real complaint:

This BC was NOT designed for women. We have played with the adjustments over & over, and so far, regardless of HOW we adjust the BC, the chest strap (pardon me for saying it so bluntly but there is no other way to say it i can think of), continues to dig into my breasts.

As much as i love Dive Rite products, i have to say that ladies who are heavy chested should perhaps consider something else.

thx Leadweight I'll try this weekend, and thx Mrs.GG my girlfriend is thinking to buy one, I'll tell her this :)

Mrs. Gentle:

What size TP do you have? Unless you are exceptionally tall for a woman (I'm talking 6 feet-ish) you probably should be wearing a size small.

The guy at the LDS talked me into believing a size ML fit me, although I had my doubts. That was the single most stupid purchase I have ever made. The chest strap hit right at boob level, and on me that is NOT good.

After a few dives I talked to the LDS guy about it and he shrugged it off. Many more dives, altered chest straps, and one crotch strap later I talked to a Dive Rite rep who told me that the chest strap should not hit me there and I was definitely in the wrong size BC.

I replaced the harness with a size ML, and voila! No more boob squish! And the thing doesn't ride up anymore either. I now can honestly say that I LOVE this BC. :smooch:

If you were in NY or NJ I'd offer to let you try mine out and see if the size works for you.

MrsGentleGiant once bubbled...

This BC was NOT designed for women. We have played with the adjustments over & over, and so far, regardless of HOW we adjust the BC, the chest strap (pardon me for saying it so bluntly but there is no other way to say it i can think of), continues to dig into my breasts.

i will have to try ordering the smaller one, and see if that helps.

It may very well be a sizing issue...or it could be that i am too chest heavy period for any of them to be truly comfortable....i am not honestly sure. It pretty much has to go ABOVE the tops of my bust for it to be comfortable, and so far we just haven't been able to get the chest strap to go that high up.

I appreciate the suggestion & will try it out. It will be worth the cost of an extra harness if it works, no doubt!

Back
Top Bottom