Spiegel Grove (Key Largo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacogo46

Reaction score
He buceado en Hawaii, Islas Virgenes, Bahamas, Florida Keys, Peru y creo que no he encontado mejor Wreck que el Spiegel Grove, 550' de adrenalina, es el nufragio mas grande del mundo, con una increibel visibilidad.:) :snorkel:

but I just found it too "sanitized" to be really interesting. It is a big wreck, though.

It's not the largest wreck, just the largest ship sunk deliberately to create a artificial reef.

I am going back next week to check it out again, two dives does not begin to cover it all.

I have over 30 dives on the Grove and still see something new! Very large with alot to see and the life growing on and living in the wreck itself is growing all the time. It doesn't have all the colorful sponges and such as the Duane and Bibb, but it will in time.

Reeflover

It's just interested because it's "sanitized, you can see all the hull clear.

Paco

Hey boys!!!!This is my first post, new to this board. I am planning on diving the Grove next month, after cave diving in North FL. I am from Ohio and will be in FL for two weeks. We are going out on a dive boat from Tavenier Scuba, they tell me they will give us two hours over the SG. We are planning on one long dive. Using 21/30 tri-mix and 50% and 100% O2 for deco. I am planning the dive on my PC. What depths can I expect? I hear there are ropes installed as permanent lines, what depths? Planning on using the 50% at 70 foot and up. 100% at 20 foot. Max depth? Is there much to see at max depth? Any info is great. Thanks in advance. Brian Kendall caver@prodigy.net

lies on her starboard side at ~130'. Her port side reaches to within 50' of the surface. With her centerline at ~100', the entire port half of the wreck lies between 100' and 50'. There are some big poly lines inside, some as shallow as ~70', but I haven't relied on them. So much to see... so little time!

pacogo46 once bubbled...
He buceado en Hawaii, Islas Virgenes, Bahamas, Florida Keys, Peru y creo que no he encontado mejor Wreck que el Spiegel Grove, 550' de adrenalina, es el nufragio mas grande del mundo, con una increibel visibilidad.:) :snorkel:
I've been diving in a variety of places, too, but you are right, there are no wrecks like the ones in Key Largo. :)
I haven't gotten to dive the SG yet, but I was there the day it sank. I can't wait to see it again underwater.

Back
Top Bottom