Nitrox Fills

What type of Nitrox fill system does your LDS use?

• Partial Pressure

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Membrane

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Continuous Blending

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plsdiver4377

Reaction score
The border between Western NC, Upstate SC
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering what type of Nitrox fill system is the most prominent. Partial Pressure or Membrane. Also where are the shops located.

I hope this is the correct forum, also if it has already been done my apologies.

Thanks, Jim

Most folks around here use neither - they premix upstream of the compressor. Commonly called "continuous blending."
Rick

Like rick said...we need a third option....the shop I was taught at in IN, did continuous blending...the only shop in dayton is a membrane shop

I learned Nitrox and got my first fills from Olympus who has a membrane system. My first pp experience was on the Okeanos Aggressor. I found / find it odd that every tank gets blown down after every dive and that with the O2 being added from a multi valve whip the gas was still +-5% from what was planned. Give me a membrane anytime...

Diversauras once bubbled...
I learned Nitrox and got my first fills from Olympus who has a membrane system. My first pp experience was on the Okeanos Aggressor. I found / find it odd that every tank gets blown down after every dive and that with the O2 being added from a multi valve whip the gas was still +-5% from what was planned. Give me a membrane anytime...

Sounds like the guy needs a lesson in blending or better pressure guages, even reblending tanks I expect no worse than +/- 0.5%
Even doing trimix my oxygen and He is right on..

My problem with membrane systems the Co/Co2 content is usually too high for me.

I personally like having the fills partial pressure mixed when they are done in a dive shop where they have time to do the job right. That way you can get custom mixes if you want them. I know that you can also do this with continuous blending and that is fine by me also.

I think that dive operators and live aboards who have to fill a large amount of tanks in a short period of time should use membrane systems since that takes the calculations out of the equation and makes life much simpler for them. In my mind it is also much safer than having large O2 tanks on the boat and it frees up some space.

Thanks for adding the other option Scubaroo. I didn't know about that one, still new at this.

I have 4 shops in the area and 3 use PP and the other (primary LDS) uses the membrane system, and the tanks requirements are different for each apparently. :wacko:

Jim

I've never heard of Membrane. How is this done?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom