Hotels catering to divers in Kona or Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamesmaheria

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a trip to either Maui or the Kona coast in September. We're wondering if anyone could recommend hotels either associated with dive shops or actually at the boat docks themselves. We're lazy and don't like to haul our gear too far. Thanks.

What I would suggest is that you choose your dive operator -- and work from there. For instance, if you want to do mostly (or only boat dives) On Maui, Check out B & B Scuba and Ed Robinsons Diving Adventures. I'm pretty sure that they would both be willing to take your gear on the first day of diving, and keep it until you were done. Also, I believe the Ed Robinson's offer a cottage or a B & B for divers. You can easily find them on the web with a google search.

On Kona, check out Torpedo Tours, I think they would also hold your gear for you.

Liz

The closest thing you'll find to a "dive resort" on Maui is the Maui Dive Lodge owned by the Maui Dive Shop. We've stayed there the entire month of May. While not on the water the "lodge" includes all the air you can use during your stay including discounts on boat trips.

Currently the lodge is a single unit. The plans are to add about a dozen or so more units over the next couple of years. What it consists of now is a two bedroom unit on top of a garage. It has outdoors showers and tubs for washing gear and a locked outside drying and storage closet.

This isn't on the beach but located behind the Dive Shop in Kihei about a block from the water. On this island you'll need to drive yourself to the docks or to the shore diving locations. Their website is www.mauidiveshop.com

We have been doing our boat dives with B & B Scuba located at www.bbscuba.com and find them to be as good a dive operation as any we've seen. They really treat their customers like friends.

Back
Top Bottom