Marsa in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uber

Contributor
Reaction score
ONTARIO - I just love Algae and Zebra Mussels! I w
# of dives
200 - 499
After long transatlantic phonecalls and hours on Trip Advisor we finally pulled the trigger and booked the Lamaya for a couple of weeks in June. Seems a long way off in this Canadian deep freeze! We are going with diving buddies fom the UK...can't wait!! :D

Noticed that the house op is Coraya Divers does anyone have expeirence with them? Prices seem pretty reasonable and free nitrox... is this the most convienient choice? Is there a better way to go?

If anyone has any hints, tips or tricks we should know we'd be really grateful... I'd love to book a 3 day liveaboard from there to get away from the resort and possibly hit the Thistlegorm... is that a possibility?

All contributions of vacation wisdom gratefully received!!!

Thanks Asser - I had thought as much. My own preference was Dahab (I'm an old hippie at heart) , but it was a group vote. The die is cast now.... Marsa it is... Any other suggestions?

Yes mate... Plenty! Unfortunately, as Asser says the Thistlegorm is way out of reach but there are other wrecks in the area and reefs of absolute world class. If you manage to get a three days safari you'd most likely get to see Tien Hsing at Abu Galawa Kebir which is a wreck after a tug that sank there in... hm... 1954 I think it was... Also you have reefs like Malahi and Claudio where you find wicked caves and tunnel systems. One must is Marsa Abu Dabab. There you have huge green turtles, shovelnose ray and a resident dugong. To encounter such a marine mammal my friend is an experience you'll never forget. Now the only thing is that boats from outside can't come in and dive this bay since it's protected by HEPCA (Hurghada Environmental Protection and Conservation Association) Only land based diving is allowed. There is a dive centre in the bay, Orca Dive Club, and they also have Nitrox for free and gorgeous house reef. You can always check out their website or mail them if you have any questions. I have dived with the dugong and I have some pictures of it on my website WELCOME TO AZIAB where you also find more Red Sea Info.

Hope you have a fantastic holiday!
.....a.....

Thanks for the info guys... can anyone give me their experience with Coraya Divers ? To me the dive op you choose can make or break the trip.... well that and the old Pharoh's revenge...:flush:

Hi, Uber I was in Marsa about 3 months ago. It's amazing area, because there are still not so much tourists like on the north. I highly recommend Elphinstone reef - phantastic location even if you don't see oceanics and also Samadai is cool. I think youre lucky that your groupe have voted to go there instead of Dahab. In my opinion it's without compare - Marsa rulezz :D . About Abu Dabbab - Many divemasters told me that there is day by day less chance to see the dugongs but you can try it I wish you good luck :) . I've seen "only" big rays and turtles. My only one experience with this dive center was the trip on Elphinstone - for me there were so many divers :( and someone have stolen there my diving boots :(

Back
Top Bottom