Regulator repair in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
logo_travel.gif

Keep this name and phone number handy if you need your regulator, first and/or second stage, repaired while in Bohol:

Local Divemaster named Belyong, cell phone 09092651068

Scuba regulator repair in Bohol is basically non-existent.

I had my annual Scubapro servicing of my first and second stage done in Maui before I returned to Bohol in January. Since I didn't do any diving in Maui before my return I didn't get a chance to check the reg out. On my first dive in Bohol "Murphy's Law" kicked in and an O-ring in my first stage blew out before the dive. Was it a defective O-ring or a defective technician. I'll keep that opinion to myself.

I kept the old annual service parts and brought them with me to Bohol. However, that particular O-ring was nicked, probably from removing it as it was going to be replaced anyway. Although Belyong did not have the actual Scubapro O-ring he did have a similar size replacement and saved me by restoring my first stage to working order. Belyong has had training in overhauling certain brands of regulators and has access to the proper tools.

If not for Belyong I would have had to go to the neighbor island of Cebu where there is an authorized Scubapro dealer.

Belyong has authorized my posting his name and phone number here.

Would you happen to have the name of a scubapro dealer in or around Cebu City? I will be going thru there on the way to malapascua in June and will need my reg serviced.
thks

Would you happen to have the name of a scubapro dealer in or around Cebu City? I will be going thru there on the way to malapascua in June and will need my reg serviced.
thks

aquaventurewhitetip.com

They have two locations in Cebu, one in Cebu city and one on Mactan Island closer to the airport. Check out their website and be sure to contact them in advance if you need the repair done the same day.

good info gilligan!

I am your neighbor here in Oahu, cool you dig the P.I. like I do...I look forward to doing another trip there this fall. How did you like Bohol? Its on the list... Any operators you would recommend/other handy info?

If you need to even have your reg looked at by a true guru...there is Mikey's Scuba repair here in Hawaii Kai, Oahu (he is a true guru and will talk your ear of with anything to do with regs...he does all the NOAA regs and has been doing it for years) 295-2414.

Gimme a heads up if you want to do some dives here sometime...I can help get you the true Kamaaina rate. I would like to check out Maui sometime too...unfortunately the times I called the shops weren't offering a Kamaaina rate...let me know if you have any advice.

Would like to hear your Philippines experiences.

J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom