How much does it pay to be divemaster in PH ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

technobro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi to all

I am sorry do ask such a personal question, but generally how much does it pay to be a dm or instructor in a place like PG or boracay , bohol ?

Salamat again

Pay?? What pay???:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Sorry Techno, just kidding!:D

I see , actualy is just to know coz i am trying to figure out a way to live in the ph for 6 month or somthing hehehe

might be a nice part job /free diving

techno, do you have a DM or instructor certification? If you don't, that's going to take time and money... Plus, in many areas (not just the Philippines) it's hard to get a job without intimate knowledge of the local dive sites. And that also takes time and money (to dive them enough to really know them). So before you become an interesting candidate for actual work, you have quite an investment to make! And that 10$ a dive is going to take a while to pay off the cost of the diving education... :shocked2:

Now I'm not saying it's impossible! Just that it's not easy!:eyebrow: if you really really want this, I would suggest trying to find a shop that will give you your IDC and that are willing to give you some work once you graduate (if you're good enough for their standards). Look in the busier diving destinations (like Sabang) rather than remote places. Then again, attaining Instructor level might just take up a big part of your 6 months, leaving not much time to work and make $!

The diving lifestyle is not an easy one... But if you really want it bad enough, you'll make it...

Cheers!:coffee:

I see , actualy is just to know coz i am trying to figure out a way to live in the ph for 6 month or somthing hehehe

might be a nice part job /free diving

I realize its not the way to get rich heheh . But honestly i tough it would pay more . I heard so different version ...

In fact i might get ta job trough the internet in canada , so ill be able to work from virtually anywhere whit high speed net ... I plan to do the Dm anyays

I think ill do my dm instruct here ...... before leaving ...

thanks for the input bud

I met several people in Sabang working through the net. Itb worked great for them; they made good $$$ and cost of living was small. The only important thing was they didn,t need an internet connection all the time! Internet isn't reliable in Mindoro (they can be a week without), if you need to be online all the time, it's a problem. And if you have a flexible work schedule, you could surely work in diving and/or DMing/ teaching...

I did the DM over there and loved it. It sure beat doing it here in the cold water!

Just a few thoughts!:coffee:

ya thats would be a problem ...

i would need 40h week , high speed steady

i guess if i cross to batangas spear . its more reliable since its comming from manilla right ?

I tough of getting the smart /globe usb thing but its not fast enough for my need , its like 5min to get hotmail.com

Where did u done it , how much , where u stay at

I'm sure the PPDers could tell you more about reliability of different Internet providers in PI...

I did my DM with DIVE DOJO

I did it in 5 weeks, so stayed in various hotels/ rooms to rent. The prices are on their website, but I've been informed those might have changed. You'll have no problem finding a place to do courses in any of the major dives destinations... But finding a place where they'll give you the course and then let you work with them might be a different story...

Cheers!:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom