Vistamar in Anilao, Batangas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gunrock0811

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
wassup guys, gals and every1 in between (^_~)

first of, i'm loving this forum and all the info. unfortunately, like everything else, it does not have what i need..lol. joke joke lang.

I will be taking my OW dives in Anilao with a Vistamar instructor. Anybody have anything to say about vistamar and instructors? Anybody have any experiences with them? I'm just wondering so i can get somewhat of a heads up about it.

it sux, on my part, that i'm asking this only a few days b4 i go. i wished i could have acted sooner. thanx a lot for ur comments/insights.

semper fi,
Ed

hehe....I'll be honest Ed, Vistamar caters more to the locals. So don't expect too much from the facilities and the crowds.

If the lowest cost is what you are going for, then Vistamar offers competitive rates. Have fun, and keep an open mind. Just remember that you get what you pay for.

Read this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...o-what-do-we-think-philippine-dive-shops.html

Hope that helps.

And welcome to the PPD. :)

hey chip..thanx for the reply. am actually reading up on that thread u posted. lol. i won't say vistamar is low cost..i think i'm paying alot for it..lol. (>_<) i hope it turns out ok. again, thanx

ok..been doing more searches in this forum and google but can't really find anything! only thing i found is from a thread over 2yrs old and a member mentioning how it is "baaaad juju". now i'm really worried :((

my class is to start this weekend and good thing i haven't sent in my payment.
another place if checked is Outriggers. They have PADI and cost less. cost isn't much of an importance, what i'm more concerned about is my safety and the lessons i'll be getting. unfortunately, my time is running out b4 i head back home. i don't really have much time to look into other places and now my choices is just of these two.

Gunny, here's another website/contact www.divenetphil.com email info@divenetphil.com . Good friends of mine and they will take good care of you. Costs more but you'll learn more.

DUDE! U R THE BEST!!! i think i have a new best friend here!! :D:wink:

will be heading to their place later today and check things out.
if u could, since you know them and a "friend" of theirs(i was told as well), could u have more info? did u take lessons from them? how are the instructors? how was the way they instructed you? how is the atmosphere and instructor/student relations? are they patient with inexperienced students? how are the equipments? i'v seen places where equipments are just rigged to be "serviceable":shocked2: soo many questions, soooooo very little time!

these i need to know because i'll be taking my wife and would love to get here into scuba diving as well. if things go as planned, it might encourage her into taking lessons as well.

I did my certs with them, did my first 200 dives with them (hernel and joy). You'll learn diving while laughing and enjoying every minute of it in the pool and in the ocean. Instructors? very very experienced and very patient with students. Equipment? not new of course but ok. Don't worry too much about em.

ps - Dude, enjoy the experience. BTW, the pool's temp might be a tad cold this time f the year:D

what?! no heated pool?!!:laughing: no biggie. i have a 3mm wetsuit i used at 70degree F back home. i might be used to a little bit of cold (^_^)

Whats also great about this place so far is that it's close(i think) to where i'm staying at here in Fairview, Quezon city. can't wait to go there later. just waiting on the wifey to get out of her class!

again, thank you very much. u don't know how relieved i am thanx to ur referral and in such short notice.

what?! no heated pool?!!:laughing: no biggie. i have a 3mm wetsuit i used at 70degree F back home. i might be used to a little bit of cold (^_^)

Whats also great about this place so far is that it's close(i think) to where i'm staying at here in Fairview, Quezon city. can't wait to go there later. just waiting on the wifey to get out of her class!

again, thank you very much. u don't know how relieved i am thanx to ur referral and in such short notice.
glad everything is going to be alright.

From Fairview you say? from Commonwealth go under the flyover in Tandang Sora and take a left towards Katipunan Ave. You'll pass by UP (on your right), Miriam College and Ateneo University (on your left), take the flyover, you'll passby Quirino (Labor Hospital), stay on the right now (don't take the tunnel which is on the left), take the service road and turn right at Rajah Matanda (new building in the corner). Go straight now, cross J.P. Rizal street, the Dive shop would be in the right (Dive flag sign). Oh, you'll be passing in same street a shop where some good and delicious barbeques are getting cooked (Dannylicious)

Good luck, Gunny!

thanx for the directions. unfortunately i won't be able to follow it coz i don't have a car here. would u mind, if u know, how to get there via public trans? yes, i'll be coming from Commonwealth close to FCM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom