Diving in Moalboal and Dumaguete?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanfreedom

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all!
Finally a couple of friends and I will be going to the Philippines for two weeks in October:D
The plan is to spend a week in Moalboal on the Sampaguita resort and a week diving on Dumaguete where we will be staying on the Atlantis resort.
Does anybody has any information about these two resorts and the diving around it.
Thanks
David

search the forum a bit. There is an excellent trip report by Bill22 :)coffee:) on his trip to Moalboal. It'll get your mouth wattering. I'm sure you'll also find plenty of info on Dumaguete if you search a bit.

:coffee:

I have been to Moalboal twice now (and am here right now!). I stay at Tipolo Resort - an outstanding place with 8 cottages looking towards Negros and Pescador Island. Cottage #1 is right on the water. Though not a "dive resort" everything is accessible. I dive with Savedra, as they have the best reputation on Panagsama Beach. They are located just a 2 minute walk from Tipolo, and all gear can be rinsed and left there after diving.

Tipolo has a great restaurant, with a wood fired oven for their pizzas and freshly baked breads. The big draw at Tipolo is Planet Action Adventures. For a break from diving, you MUST do the canyon trip and the river climbing trip. The canyon trip takes you down the river canyon, with repelling down the drops, while the water crashes on you, around you, over you. The biggest drop is 30 meters. The river climb is up the river, hiking, swimming, and climbing through the rapids. Both trips feature great BBQ lunches when finished.

I will be heading to Apo Island next, then back to Moalboal, and on to Cabilao in Bohol. Good luck!

Attachments

• Tipolo Resort, Moalboal 024.jpg
    Tipolo Resort, Moalboal 024.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 456
any questions you have after reading let me know and I'll do my best to help you :)

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...port-continuation-malapascua-trip-report.html

Bwaaaa... fat chance! Your reports are so complete Bill that it almost takes all the surprise and fun out of actually visiting!!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: I'm just kidding!!!! But your reports are truely great!!:coffee:

I wish I had the time to write a report. But in the 5 weeks I stayed, there is so much to talk about I never finnished it up! And being a scientist, I'm genetically incapable of being concise!!!!!:rofl3::rofl3: Oh well...:coffee:

Bill22 is the true guru of trip reports!

His info helped me!
I went to Moalboal last September and had a great time.
Tipolo is a very nice spot, the rooms were 1500 pesos a night for the best room (there was only a few booked, your timing is great as it is a 'shoulder season' and not busy. The pizza there is quite good too and to boot they have the best coffee in Moalboal.

I dove with Visayan Divers, they were good overall. the Divemaster DoDo was very good and their secretary VanVan was very helpful. I also stayed with them for about 5 nights, and they gave me a rate of 800 pesos/nt for a sweet cottage because I didn't use the air conditioning (I like warmth and a fan is plenty fine for me).

I stayed one night with Savedra. Very nice spot, overlooking the water, I think it was 1500 pesos/nt. I did hear good things about their dive shop/staff, just didnt have time to try all the shops. You might also try Nelson's diveshop, Bill22 liked them and they have the best price too. Carl Dalees shop "Cebu Dive Centre" was just opening up and they looked great. I think Carl can combine accommodations and diving too. Both he and his Divemaster Raj were very nice lads to sip beer with too.

Pescodor Island is the gem of Moalboal diving. I would plan on doing at minimum 3 dives there. The house reef is great too (Its huge and all the resorts share it).

If you want some quiet beach time head out of Panagsama beach (a misnomer as there is no beach there really) to white beach just a mile north.

And if you have a couple extra days check out Apo Island just off the south of Dumaguete. You can stay in DUmaguete. I recommend Adventure Diveshop. Its run by a nice fellow named Mike and a three dive day trip to Apo costs 3500 (worth EVERY penny) pesos. I likedit very much there and I think Mike was a good waysin on his miniresort building project in Dauin, just south of Dumaguete city. Hi shop is on the main strreet along the waterfront in Dumaguete city so they can help you from there.

Ok, nuff outta me!

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom