Temporary PADI PIC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've recently been OW certified in Mexico, and the temporary PADI certificate they provided was essentially copy of a form (titled PADI PIC) from the padimembers website, filled out by my instructor, with a copy of my picture on it. I just received a PIC online Confirmation email from PADI indicating I will receive my c card within 90 days.

2 Questions:

My instructor assured me that the form is all that I need (along with my dive logs which are signed by her and stamped by the dive op) as a temporary certification. I have also seen references to a temporary "blue card" on this forum. Am I going to have a problem using this form as my temporary c card?

Does it normally take 90 days to get a permanent C card from PADI. It seems like a long time to me.

Thx, Yak

Nowadays instructors can and do register a newly certified diver (not only Open Water, but up to Rescue) via Internet.

The temporary card is valid and will enable you to dive anywhere, if in doubt just keep e-mail confirmation with it.

90 days is the maximum time they allow themselves to deliver the real card, usually it takes three weeks to a month (PADI Europe).

Congratulations on becoming a diver!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom