Paul Humann Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Thanks to Dee embarrassing me (kidding) I went out & got the newest editions of the Paul Humann UW ID books. BTW, Dee... spot on the ID. Thanks again. :thumb:

As usual, Paul Humann, Ned DeLoach (et. al.) have put out the definitive guide to u/w life in the Caribbean. There is even a small Brazil section.

Now, if I could only find a reason to buy the West Coast series...

Another note: I really wish he'd do The Red Sea. However, when I spoke with Paul & Ned @ DEMA, the South Pacific was their latest project.

Too many fish... too little time! :(

~SubMariner~

You don't like Debelius' Red Seas Reef Guide?

Dr. Bill

They are certainly excellent and I enjoy mine, but they are far from definitive.

SubMariner once bubbled...
I went out & got the newest editions of the Paul Humann UW ID books.

Did you get them off Amazon? $24-28 each.

Marc

You don't like Debelius' Red Seas Reef Guide?
I have Debelius's Red Sea Guide. I'd have to rate them about 2* out of 5*. No offense, but his books don't hold a candle to the Humann/DeLoach Guides.

They are certainly excellent and I enjoy mine, but they are far from definitive.
Ok Walter.. I'll bite. Who do you use?

Did you get them off Amazon? $24-28 each.
I can't divulge how much I paid because I get an Instructor discount from the dive op we work with that is better than anything off Amazon. :wink:

~SubMariner~

"Ok Walter.. I'll bite."

OK, but don't tell Pearce, he scares me.

"They are certainly excellent and I enjoy mine"

I use that set of books, they are excellent. I use a few other references, such as Audubon and Peterson's. Humann's books are nicer, but when there's a conflict, I'll believe Audubon or Peterson over Humann.

Back
Top Bottom