Oasis with extended tee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oncor23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The sherwood website describes the Oasis with, "Sherwood's exclusive baffled-and-extended exhaust tee reduces bubble size and moves them out of your line of vision"

However, the exhaust tee in the pictures looks just like that of the Blizzard, which is described as, "Sherwood's exclusive bubble deflector exhaust tee reduces bubble size and directs them away from your field of vision."

So, what gives? Does the lastest model of the Oasis have the new Blizzard exhaust tee or the extended exhaust tee?

The sherwood website describes the Oasis with, "Sherwood's exclusive baffled-and-extended exhaust tee reduces bubble size and moves them out of your line of vision"

However, the exhaust tee in the pictures looks just like that of the Blizzard, which is described as, "Sherwood's exclusive bubble deflector exhaust tee reduces bubble size and directs them away from your field of vision."

So, what gives? Does the lastest model of the Oasis have the new Blizzard exhaust tee or the extended exhaust tee?

As a Sherwood owner, I would hazard a guess and say it is the extended tee. A must have for any reg not just sherwood. I have it on my magnum and I have yet to see a bubble, it really does work :wink: We will see how the exhaust on my new SR1 compares.

They are both "long" or "extended" if you prefer, the only real differance is the one is grey (Blizzard) and the other is Black (Oasis, Magnum,Brut) - seems like a bit of creative ad work there.:wink:

Usually the regs come with a shorter exhaust tee fitted as standard, (the longer or extended one is an extra in the box) you need to remove the short one and fit the longer one - just two screws - simple.!

Currently all the Sherwood Regulators, with the exception of the SR1, have the smaller tee installed on the second stage, however the longer tee comes in the box and can be installed if you wish.

Sherwood Rep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom