The Fireside Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mars2u

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I really enjoy reading about all of the "real life" examples on this board. I thought I'd let you know about a scuba book I picked up at the local bookstore:

The Fireside Diver
Edited by: Bonnie Cardone
I really enjoy reading "true stories" and it has about 30+ stories from various writers about real life experiences. Everything from wreck dives to close calls with marine life to equipment failure, etc.

Are there any other books that anyone can recommend concerning "true" scuba stories?

Should I assume that you have already read "The Last Dive" by Bernie Chowdhury and "Deep Descent" by Kevin McMurray? If not, they are must reads.

ibnygator once bubbled...
Should I assume that you have already read "The Last Dive" by Bernie Chowdhury and "Deep Descent" by Kevin McMurray? If not, they are must reads.

I have not read them, but I'll make a note to look them up. Thanks for the suggestions.
The book store only had "The Fireside Diver" available. I'm looking for any other suggestions...thanks again.

and I was lucky enough to have it signed by Bernie himself. Amazing book !!!..i am a little apprehensive about finishing it though. I have even see the documentary on the U-who..very cool to see the same "scenerio" but from a different point of view and with wildly differnt points of interest. Looking forward to more books of the same nature..thanks for the info earlier on in this thread.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom