Anyone dive Biak/Padaido recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schurtgj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have to go through Biak for business next month and figure I might as well use the free airfare and stay over for some diving. Not finding a lot of recent info for dive shops in Biak to set up 10 dives with.
Anyone with recent experience diving Biak or Padaido Islands? Thanks.

Hello -- just a note to inquire whether you went diving in the end on Biak? I have been looking into it for years, but nobody seems to know about the place. Once met a old Dutch Marine on an airplane who was headed back there for holiday, apparently the Dutch marines used to have a presence there (not well known in my home country the Netherlands) and he raved about the diving they did in their free time. But never been able to confirm -- and it is quite a long way from HK to go there "on the luck". Too many great other places to explore still...

If you can tell more please do! Thanks!

Arie

Arie,
I went through Biak, but didn't stay around long enough to dig up diving info. Doesn't seem like many folks are diving around Biak based on the lack of info/interest. I have to go through there a couple more times this year so may try to set up diving again. We'll see.

Most folks who have dived out there that I've talked to have gone west to Sorong area. Raja Ampat is the most popular. I have a friend going to Rja Ampat this week so I'll have some good info on that shortly. Best diving I've done in Indonesia has been in Komodo area. Going back there this July.
Greg

Hello

when you arrive at Biak, you can contact Mr. Erick at :0813 44366385 , he DM and running little dive shop at Undi Island, Undi island around 1.30 hours from Biak City using boat, they have homestay at island and can accomodate around 6 person .

he can help you to explore some diving at Biak - Padaido island and surrounding.

Cheers
Zain
Scuba - www.Explore-MyIndonesia.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom